Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Evening Update.....grateful for "life ON the streets".....as opposed to " a night...at the minimum...in Central Booking "

Good evening to all;
I gotta tell ya, the horseshoe up my a** may be uncomfortable at times, but I am damn glad it's there! I went out this afternoon to enjoy the weather, get some needed exercise, pick up more meds, and since I was having trouble finding anyone to help me out with my cash flow situation, I felt that I had to do some panhandling, just enough to pay the few dollars I owe out. Well when I was at the spot where I stand, the crackhead quartet had locked up the corner, so I traveled on and went to my dear friend Monkee's house, picked up a couple of bupes "on account"..( on account of the fact that since I am no longer doing dope, I am a reliable crdit risk ).. and we spent an hour on the porch saying goodbye, remembering one more thing to talk about each time we tried to split..LOL. When I passed my 'spot' it was unoccupied, so I got off the bus figuring to get an hour before total dark set in, less than a minute later, the girl and one of the guys who have taken it over returned, telling me that it was not a good idea to be out there then. At first I thought it was just intimidation tactics, but turns out that as I was getting off the bus the police were pulling away with another homeless guy who had just been busted, (which was confirmed by other parties), literally seconds ago. They had warned this dude that the cop who was prejudiced against homeless folk was working, as was the bigoted woman cop also..obviously he did not listen. So, but for the grace of God..there go I. Before I start each 'session' on the corner, I stopand pray, thanking God for what I have and asking for whatever He will give me, asking only to be safe. Damn......times up..closing...you get the picture though.................bye.....Dave

No comments: