Thursday, May 27, 2010

" King Lear-Act III; Scene IV...............AND.....................Poultry In Motion......"

Good Morning;
Today's quote strikes deep, so I am repeating it here for posterity, since the quotes are beyond my control or choice.
Who knows what true loneliness is—
not the conventional word, but the naked terror?
To the lonely themselves it wears a mask.
The most miserable outcast hugs some memory or some illusion.
Now and then a fatal conjunction of events may lift the veil for an instant.
For an instant only.
No human being could bear a steady view of moral solitude without going mad. – Joseph Conrad (1857-1924)


As was probably noticeable, the veil was lifted for me for a short time recently. And as Mr. Conrad says, it cannot be borne for long. Little events, situations, visions, circumstances, etc. can again drop the shield thus ameliorating some of the pain. A simple communion with the natural world, restoring the sense of wonder. A touch, a word, a smile, reaching out and re-securing one's connection with humanity. Any and all of these things can direct the footsteps away from the path that can only be walked alone. One that leads to one of two ends, both of which entrap the soul, either within the confines of a shattered and broken mind, or a pine box.

So it is hot already again, the shed get the full morning sun and was becoming extremely uncomfortable by 8:00 am. Of course I did not sleep last night and wanted to sleep in this morning. Why are we having July weather in May? By midsummer the shed is unbearable by 7:00 am. and unusable until 1:00 am.
I saw Monkee last night and have my 3 'bupes' to last until next Wednesday, so that is one stressor gone. I am supposed to be heading to Jenn's later and shower and I hope, to do a load of wash, while I babysit...with A/C and TV!!!...lol! And coffee and a meal.

I also visited the 'fried chicken dumpster' about 10:30 last night, and had a hell of a time!
So....I've got 3 large breasts in one hand and a nice, thick, juicy thigh in the other....
Get your minds out of the gutter, we're talking about fried chicken here!!!..........LOL) ....and I had a mouthful of hot and spicy burning my lips and tongue when this "not even a 'wannabe', just a 'nevergonnabe', fake ass, dumb ass, failed the Balto. City Police Dept. AND! the Dept. of Corruptions entrance exams...(and look at some of the people who passed, and think how stupid one has to be to fail...LOL!)...brain dead, clueless, pretentious idiot of a rent-a-cop" comes out from behind another dumpster zipping his pants and pulling out his baton..(the flexible, extendable metal one...you naughty person!...LOL!).. yelling at me to "drop and get on the ground" .. (seems to me that if I 'dropped', that getting on the ground would be a moot point? Hooray for redundancy!...LOL).. and rushing at me with his baton in the air. I told him that he was out of his effin' mind if I was going to get down on the filthy, greasy mess around the dumpster and what the hell was his problem. He started swinging his baton, lost his balance on the grease from all the years of sloppy employees missing the dumpster and the baton went flying in the dumpster, along with his radio which was in his other hand, as he flailed and swung his arms around trying to catch his balance. He started cussing at me and threatened to arrest me and pulled the 'race card' in his derogatory comments. I said arrest me for what, B&E...Breaking and Eating, RDW...Robbery with a Delicious Weapon? He starts sputtering that "he's gonna get me" and teach me a lesson....I say "go ahead, and don't forget to smile...you're on 'Candid Camera'..." and point at the 3 security cameras on the walls. He starts to reach into his pants and falls in a puddle of 'dumpster drainage', still struggling to get something out of his pants, By this time I figure it's a smart move to leave...rapidly! The only thing I can imagine him going for is a gun. I hit the button for the compactor on the dumpster and unscrew the control box and drop it in a pool of 'Yeecchhh' and tell him 'don't forget to tell your bosses what happened to your radio and slapstick', and head for the bus stop across the street because I see the bus coming around the corner. As I leave the trash enclosure, there are 2 cops standing there listening and watching and laughing their heads off, I say, "I think he has a gun", and keep on truckin'. As I am getting on the bus I see the cops have the 'rent-a-moron' up against the fence and are handcuffing him. I saw one of the cops early this morning as he was going home at the end of his shift. He happens to know who I am and we are on cordial terms. He says they heard the whole thing and were making jokes all night about it. How the guy was gonna arrest me for..'Disturbing The 3-Peace' and for 'Carrying Concealed Poultry', and then I could be 'Fried and Convicted' for 'Assault and Battering'....I laughed so hard I though I was going to get sick.....LOL!!!!
Okay, I'm on my way to Jenn's......................later....Dave














1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great story! "B&E...Breaking and Eating, RDW...Robbery with a Delicious Weapon" - hysterical!