Tuesday, January 18, 2011

"Sleepless In Seattle.....Meets.....Bootless In Baltimore"

Good Evening;
So I'm at the Starbucks getting to know my new/old laptop better, installing wallpaper and a screensaver, changing passwords, writing e-mails, puttering around on Facebook and chasing links. As I was writing this an hour ago Abe came in and we talked and as I started to go back to the blog after we finished our chat I looked up and saw Michelle my dear friend from MICA sitting almost directly across from me. With both of us concentrating and having our heads down, neither of us noticed the other until we happened to look up at the same time......lol. She just left to meet her graduate advisor, (or is she the graduate advisor....it could work either way....lol!), and we are going to try to meet up later this month to discuss an idea she had,.....about me coming in to talk to one of her classes, "Elements Of Visual Design", which is a non media specific class, with a broad range of techniques available to the student, on my creative process, (such as it is....lol), in poetry and the blog and the influence and use of visual cues....imagery...etc. I'm still a little confused...but She was excited at the idea...lol. I need some more clarification & input I guess....lol.
I spent last night at Jenn's and the perfect night to be indoors it was too. The boot expedition was canceled by mutual consent and agreement at 7:00 am. this morning on the phone with Shelly from Prologue. Schools were canceled and Tom was not going out until later this afternoon, and the Light Rail was running a 'bus bridge' north of Falls Road due to icing, and the side roads were still sloppy, and the Prologue office in Pikesville was closed, and the company cars were available at the employee's 'discretion', but it sounded like they really didn't want them used. At any rate, after sleeping less than 2 hours all night, (insomnia...and my feet hurt, they are as dry and crackly as the crispy, sweet and tasty skin of a well prepared Peking Duck, but nowhere near as pleasant to experience.....lol), I was not leaving the house to deal with a minimum of 6 buses and the accumulated waiting time dealing with the ice and slush and idiot drivers in Baltimore who don't slow down and wonder why they have accidents.......at least not before 2:00 pm.......lol. And when I left Jenn's to catch the 2:20 pm. bus to here the ice was melting so rapidly off the trees that I thought at first that it was a steady downpour of rain....lol! and the streets were clear, mostly.
Well I'm going to scrounge something to eat somehow......
Later................Dave

No comments: