Friday, May 27, 2011

"Weekend Wondering................"

Good Evening;
Well it's 7:55 pm. Friday evening on the start of what looks to be a hot and stormy Memorial Day weekend. I'm at Starbucks and the place is empty, though Whole Foods is doing a land office business. The liquor store is steadily serving a constant stream of beer and wine customers too.

I left Jenn's just before 3:00 pm. and caught the bus here. I had been dreading stepping outside but it was not too bad, drier than yesterdays mugginess and with a good breeze blowing. As I waited for the bus across from Jenn's apartment complex I got to watch what had to be the most clueless MTA cop on the force. There had been an accident earlier and one of the cars was still the awaiting a tow truck and he had positioned his cruiser in such a way as to block traffic turning out of and attempting to turn into the Plaza parking lot, while leaving the right lane of Patterson Ave. to become a parking lot because no one could tell there was a disabled car in the lane of traffic. What any other cop would have done is place his car behind the accident vehicle a few yards back as a warning, with lights spinning and flashing. He was constantly jumping out of his car to stop drivers from turning in or out of the Plaza entrance, waving them off when there would be no difficulty getting past. When 2 older gentlemen sitting on the bench at the bus stop with me started to mention that there was a better way, he began ranting and raving, telling them to "mind their own damn business", when I started laughing he looked at me and my bags, (with an extra plastic trash bag with clean clothes too), he began shouting about 'putting my ass in jail ' for loitering or vagrancy. I told him go right ahead and try and I thought he would explode from apoplexy....lol! At this point the bus pulled up and I got on.

When I got off the bus on Falls Rd. and was walking across the bridge over the Jones Falls I saw a 'humongous', (as Rachel would say), Snapping turtle in the water. This old thing must easily have been the size of a trash can lid in diameter, with a head bigger than my fist and a wicked cruel hooked beak!
He was covered with years of algae on his shell, and it was a perfect camouflage when he settled to the bottom and snagged an unwary fish in that vicious beak.

I'm getting packed up early because the weather radar shows a storm system about to cross over at just about 9:00 pm. whwn I am emerging from under the bridge beneath the JFX.....greatttttt!

I had a conversation today with a guy I have seen here regularly for two years or so, and have never spoken to, and got a weird vibe from. I was pulled into the conversation by Will one of the barristas here, and after he left, Kim and talked for an hour. Part of the 'vibe' came from his fairly extreme loner persona and part was ????, I still don't know for sure.
I ate the country style pork ribs I bought at Giant yesterday and slow cooked with a mesquite dry rub I made at Jenn's this morning, covering with a kick ass BBQ sauce I concocted, for the last 10 minutes.
Damn I'm Good!!!!!.................LOL!


That was the closest it looks like I'm coming to a holiday cookout this weekend,....[So Far!!!, I'm open to invites and suggestions!]
Rachel is in either Scranton or Harrisburg..(I think?)..Somewhere in Pa. Dutch Country vicinity..for her mother's sister's wedding,...(so I guess I mean her aunt....lol), and her mother is being a pain in the ass about answering the phone or having Rachel call me at bedtime....again. Not that she's being cruel or ignorant, just lazy and using her ADD as an excuse and crutch. I just called on her boyfriend's number and asked him to have Rachel call when she's out of the shower. I'll let you know how that turned out later...............lol.

Later............................Dave

No comments: