Friday, August 5, 2011

"Shoeless Dave.................................. Ladies Man. ................."

Good Morning;

So I wrote Evan an e-mail, excerpt below, some where around 6:00 am this morning, just before I finally fell asleep:

I've psyched myself up to the point where my anticipation and desire outweighs my anxiety and self consciousness.
Hopefully it will last through the next 2 weeks.....lol.
Drop me an e-mail when you get back next week and I'll meet you somewhere to pick up the ticket to the Best Of party and the copy(s?) of the issue.
I'm pretty sure I can get hold of an acceptable pair of shoes and I'm gonna wash and iron my jeans and Hawaiian shirt and tell anyone who looks askance at me that I'm sporting the 'upscale casual homeless look from the G. Oodwill collection', and if I am refused entry at the door, so be it, part of the ticket price goes to the charity, right.

And I may even have 2 possible options for shoes.

I woke up about 11:00 am. and e-mailed Jenn about coming by for a shower and grabbing my mail, and she said 'come on down' so I caught the 12:30 pm. bus. Tom and Ed were out running errands so it was just Jenn and Devin and I at the apartment. I played with Devin for a while, (she was in "look pop-pop" mode in stead of "go ayay, I not talking to YOOUUUU!"......LOL.

Jenn asked if I could watch the kids for a while tomorrow (Saturday), and spend the night and again watch them for a while mid-day Sunday. I told her Sat. is no problem but I was in the middle of making plans for Sunday with Rachel, and needed to talk with her mom about times. Well it worked out that Rachel is going to come over for a while Sunday and visit with Devin, who nearly flipped out with excitement when Rachel was on the phone and she, (Devin), found out Rachel was coming over.....and Ed, (unless I can find a way to get him out with his father for a while), which may or may not be a pain in the ass. They each want to play with her, and besides the normal boy/girl differences in play style, and the bonding between Devin and Rachel....Ed has his own hyperactivity, short attention span, control issues.....and Rachel is not a blind follower, she wants and adds her own input. Luckily we should not be there too long before we head out to the Starbucks and the Giant for lunch and 'game and funtime'.
(Foodstamp style, she is just as happy with getting deli and bread and chips or hitting the fresh salad bar, and sharing a pint of ice cream and making a picnic than going to a restaurant or fast food place.....!)

While I was on the phone Rachel talked me into coming over and going to the pool. I caught the 3:00 pm. bus and went over to her apartment, where her mother walked us to the pool and sat and watched for a bit, then left to pick up her boys, Rachel's brothers. I left there and caught the 6:00 pm. bus to the Light Rail at Mt. Washington, to North Ave. and the #13 bus to Fells Point where I stopped in to visit Michelle at the Crabshack at Captain James Landing, where she is tending bar. After a couple drinks and some catching up I caught the bus up mto Hopkins and the Metro Subway to Pikesville and the bus to here, Giant, First Watch, the gas station, the library....and the shed.....aka...'my hood & my crib'.
I was falling asleep on the train and nearly fell over waiting for the bus, so I'll talk to you tomorrow.

Later..................................Dave

No comments: