Thursday, March 22, 2012

"Walking In Dreamland............."

Good Evening;
So....another night of 'less than optimal rest and recovery'. Sleep was about as elusive as the Loch Ness Monster! I was tired and ready to go to sleep as soon as I turned the TV off after "My Name Is Earl" at 1:30 am. and fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.......for all of 15 minutes! This set the pattern for the rest of the night and morning until I got up at 8:30 am. and said "F*ckit!"! Too hot, too cool, dry mouth, bladder evacuation, tangled in the sleeping bag, something crawling on me, real, then of course the imagined creations, thumps, bumps, screeching tires, etc., etc., etc. When I went into the Giant the cashier looked at me an said...."Restless night?".....
Restless night!....RESTLESS NIGHT!!....The folks on the Titanic had  a Restless Night!!!!!!!!!! The only reason my eyes were open is because the accumulated grit in my eyeballs refuses to let my lids close!

After falling asleep on the keyboard at the library, I rode the bus over here with  my head out the window to wake me up....and damn near lost my head!
Note to Self...
."Passenger side windows only! Better to get whipped by branches than decapitated by bus in opposite direction!"........"

But the day has had it's high points,.....Michelle texted me just as I was getting settled here asking if I wanted company in an hour or so.
Well duhhhhhh................!............lol!
She came by and we sat outside and talked for a couple hours then went in and looked at the "Hunger Games" cast pictures on the laptop. She is going to the premiere tonight at Midnight, and I picked up the copy I reserved at the library which came in today. Michelle had mentioned the book months ago and after hearing about all the movie hype I read the first 2 volumes, 'The Hunger Games' and 'Catching Fire'. As soon as the movie hits the $7.00 morning matinee level I'm finding a way to go see it, I got hooked!
We had some nice, quiet, quality time together and are going to get together again    first week in April.......can't wait! 

The rest of the evening has gone by in a kind of mellow, spacey, half-trance,....
Lack of sleep and love will do that to you.... :-)

Tomorrow is the doctor's appointment at 4:00 pm., then bus to the Light Rail to Hunt Valley where Jenn is picking me up to head out to Monkton to watch the grandkids. I will probably just kill the day at the library in the morning.

Anyway, pack up time, then the buses, then (Dear God I Hope!) a quick trip to Dreamland.......no....to Dream-less land!

Later.................................Dave

No comments: