Friday, May 8, 2009

"Roll With The Changes .........or.........'DUCK'!!!!!

Good afternoon;
It's one of those days where one little thing can set the tone for the rest of the day.
I took my last piece of buprenorphine yesterday morning and was beginning to stress about where to get more, after the fiasco at JAI Medical on Tuesday morning,(see post="How Can You Be....."). As I mentioned, my source is dealing with major issues revolving around terminal cancer, and is not available, understandably. I had a last minute, last chance, "Break Glass In Case Of Emergency!!" backup plan in place, for the chronic pain I have to deal with, BUT!! i really did/do not want to go there, as it involves 5 mg. Methadone pills. If push comes to shove, so be it, but I'm going to wait until I've reached the end of my rope before I take them. Even though they were NOT my drug of choice, and it would (hopefully!) only be a very, very short term stopgap measure...I really don't want to chance it. That being said, I went to pick them up, to have in case of need. On the way over I sopped off at the I83/North Ave. intersection to try to pick up some cash, because Mordecai and I did not connect for some unknown reason last night, I waited for 2 hours, and then called...no answer...????
I'm Back...is this synchronicity or what??? As I was typing the last sentence in green above, my phone rings, it's Mordecai, he fell asleep and forgot to turn the ringer on. Well, as the saying goes, "The Lord, (Political Correctness Advisory: Insert deity of choice, or secular equivqlent as desired!...{pagans and athiests are welcomed too}....LOL),works in mysterious ways!" I met him at '7 Mile Market', and ended up with more than we had talked about last night in exchange, and I did not need to leave my card for an indeterminate amount of time for him to use it. The real blessing is that if I had received the money last night, I probably would have gotten a room again, the forecast called for rain, and even though it did not fel like rain I would most likely used this as an excuse anyway. Well if it did rain last night(and I think it may have), it was only a drizzle, I stayed dry, and because I did NOT have the money..I could not spend it!
So back to this morning, I did end up with $11.00, it took 2 hours, not every attempt is a bonanza. After I picked up the Met., I tried one last option and called someone whose phone was disconnected at last contact. He had just that minute activated it and was on the corner of North and Greenmount, which is on the way back here, and only 5 minutes from where I was. He said he could hook me up with a 'bupe', and there was a bus pulling up at that second. I spent the next few minutes in fervent prayers of gratitude! I REALLY did/do not want to have to resort to the Met., but I'm not going through withdrawal without a proper "tapering off" program, if and when I decide to stop the 'bupe'. More on that another time, I'm almost out of time, and the library closes for the day at 5:30 on Fridays.
So in the end...I have at least 2 more days if meds, AND money for Rachel's birthday..AND a room..IF necessary............Dave

No comments: