Friday, November 26, 2010

"Black Friday Backache Blues.... OR.....Rice Krispies?..HA!!, That 'SNAP....CRACKLE.....POP' You Hear Is Me Trying To Crawl Out Of The Sleeping Bag!..

Good Morning;

So I got up this morning and it sounded like a string of firecrackers or a sub-machine gun going off. In fact I there were 4 guys walking past the shed and I heard; the Chinese guy saying "What?, It's not New Years yet", the Vietnam vet dropped to the ground and yelling "Ambush", while one guys says "Popcorn!", and the last one says "That reminds me, we need milk for breakfast"......LOL!

Well I ended up spending Wednesday night at Jenn's. She got home from her mother-in-laws with Devin about 8:00 pm. Tom And Ed stayed and were camping out in a tent and having a bonfire in the meadow behind his mother's house.
(For the newer reader=Jenn is my daughter, Tom is her husband, Edward and Devin are grand-son, (5-1/2), and grand-daughter, (2-1/2) respectively)
{I hear it went well, the fire department was not called....lol. They made it until 4:30 am. when it started to rain, and Tom, who could not sleep, carried Ed, who was out cold, into the house and the fold out couch bed.....lol}

But I digress...Jenn asked if I minded watching Devin while she went to the Giant so she could avoid the madness on Thursday, (or so she thought....lol!), and picked up some last minute items. When she eventually got back and the twitching and mumbling to herself stopped...lol...she said I may as well stay on the couch. The ulterior motive was that I could also entertain Devin in the morning while she finished in the kitchen...lol.
I left there on Thanksgiving day about 10:45 am., planning to avoid Tom and Ed who were due home at 11:00 am., just to keep some of the madness at bay while they got ready to go to dinner at Jenn's cousin's.

I took the bus over to Starbucks for a few hours and read the paper and went over to Whole Foods for something to eat. (My Thanksgiving menu in a bit) I got back to Jenn's about 3:30 pm. and hung out there (me and the TV) for the day and most of the evening until about 8:30 pm. when I caught a bus back up to the shed. I read for a bit and was asleep by 10:30pm. I kept waking up all night either too warm or too cold, zipping and unzipping the sleeping bag. I was out of there about 9:30 am. and stopped at the Giant to wash up and here I am about to catch the bus to Jenn's and then have Rachel, (my 6-1/2 year old daughter) dropped off by her mother to spend the weekend with me and pet sit the cats and dog.

This is the beginning of my real Thanksgiving! We will be having the traditional steak and shrimp dinner with french fries and ice cream an pumpkin tort for dessert tonight, and we will get to spend some daddy-daughter time together.

I hope everyone had good holiday and feasted well.
My Thanksgiving 'graze' consisted of, (by choice), first a lot of coffee, then a sandwich of leftover Buddig chicken and ham deli meat, (the el cheapo 2 for a buck 2 ounce chopped, pressed and formed stuff..lol), on almost stale rye bread, (with about a gallon of mayo to soften it up),
Then at Starbucks; a bagel, some cream cheese, and a container of smoked salmon trim, (the leftover little pieces after packaging), with a it of mayo.
Then back at Jenn's, I scrambled 2 eggs with bits of sausage and toasted rye chunks topped with cream cheese. Of course there were the constant trips to the pantry for a bite of every sweet in the house...lol.

To drink, besides more coffee, I had a pint of 'Not from Concentrate' OJ, (with a little vodka added to counteract the sweetness...lol).

Anyway......I'm running late [as usual]....

I don't know when I'll be back to the library, (and I'm fairly sure Tom took the laptop with them), so have a good weekend, and if you are a Black Friday shopper, a quick recovery...lol.

Later.........Dave


P.S. here is another plug for the website
and one for
Read/Think/Act

No comments: