Tuesday, March 23, 2010

"Danny Deadline-----Court Reporter!!.............................."

Good Afternoon;
So I'm at the Towson library tuesday afternoon, so I guess you can figure out that court went well. I received a postponement until August 3rd 2010. The letter from my case manager requesting a rescheduling and detailing the steps taken so far regarding S.S.I. applications and procuring other benefits and adressing immediate needs was a big help, as was the copies of the JT and BM articles describing and illustrating my 'plight'....(his word...lol)..I gave the public defender who spoke to the judge for me. He played it up as me being a bit more "deet---dee-dee" than I would have liked, but I let it ride....this judge sends people to jail as an 'object lesson' and a form of encouragement, as well as for punishment..(for those who have not complied with his orders), with no second thoughts if he feels it is needed....I'm here today on the computer....'nuff said!

The public defender, Jim Sorensen, is kind of confusing. In the hallway talking to clients he is meeting for the first time, some of whom he actually had files on...(not me of course, but we know how my life goes...lol)...he was straight up about hating this part of the rotation, he'd much rather be in criminal court. He was also sarcastic and condecending, with a low key smartass attitude. But I gotta say, he was good in the court room, he may not have liked or gave a damn about his clients personally, but he did his best professionally. The judge was Judge Hennegan, and as I said he has no compunction about jailing folks, but he does seem to want to be able to work with them and give them a chance first.
I'm going to send some e-mails and wander back to Jenn's and pick up my 'stuff', and somewhere in the meanderings grab a bite to eat and an 'adult beverage', or a coffee with a shot...which is an 'adulterated beverage'.....lol. I feel as if I had a huge load lifted from my shoulders, and a chance to breathe and allow the wheels that have started spinning to get some traction and produce....something??, anything??, as long as it is up and out of the rut.

I may be back at the Pikesville library this evening, but I'll be there tomorrow morning for sure. If the sun is shining tomorrow, I am planning to grab Rachel for lunch or ice cream around middday.

I just realized something, I am 'free' to accept Lisa's invitation to seder!! Cool!!
gotta go now want to e-mail her and my case manager Liz,
(and go back to Facebook and finish pouring out my unending yet unrequited love for Michelle M............LOL!)

See you later .......Dave

P.S. Welcome to Follower #19, "Hello Candidate"..........(I'd like to swap copies of poetry books Brenda)

No comments: