Thursday, November 22, 2012

"Don't Have Turkey With All The Fixin's?....... No Worries, ....With Beef Ribs And Beer You'll Never Miss 'Em After The Start OF the Second Sixer! ..............."

Good Afternoon;

So.....I'm off the streets today, and for that I am Grateful and Thankful.
But at the same time I'm here by myself and very much alone this year, with not even an invitation to turn down.....and I've just about run out of things to do to keep busy so as to hold off the depression, which is already snaking out it's little tendrils of grayness with which it is beginning to infiltrate my mind.

 Whatever, ....I've got a rack of beef back ribs about to come out of the oven, and I'm sure I can find a store selling beer that is opening up, just about the time people, mostly the 20-something bar and club set, are leaving their families houses and hitting the bars. Unless I get a call or e-mail from someone wanting to do something tonight, or come over, especially that certain someone of the 'female persuasion'.....[you know who you are! {and if you think I may be talking about you, but you're not sure...c'mon over anyway my dear... go ahead and surprise me}....--(hey....gotta have contingency plans right!.....lol!)--

 ;-) ].....it's "beer and barbecue, baby"! (quite possibly ....."to the edge of excess.....and beyond!"

Hold on.......brb;

I'm back, the buzzer went off and the ribs were ready to come out of the oven. these are the big thick meaty beef back ribs, not those namby-pamby baby back pork ribs that are more effort to eat than they are worth, you have to eat so many of them to get filled up. These bastards I've got are like the ones Fred Flintstone gets at the drive-in...that tip the car over!! Ohhh Yeeaahhh!
(And perhaps I should add a disclaimer about a previous sentence above regarding a 'beer run'......the word "more" should be inserted in fron of the word "beer"..... ;-)

Oh, well....here's another 'dead soldier', and I'm off to the kitchen.... but
before I go, here is a link to:


A Hymn Of Thanks

Later........................................Dave

P.S. .......we've crossed the 30,000th visitor threshold!

No comments: