Friday, December 5, 2008

Back again

Hi again, it's friday evening about 5:00 and I'm in the Pikesville library again killing time until they close at 5:30, (which sucks because they close up at 9:00 monday-thursday), and then I'll probably go to the coffee shop until they close at 8:00, (which sucks because they used to close at 9:00), and then I'll be able to slip into the garage where I sleep, without notice. I've had a pretty damn good day!! Bathed, washed clothes, spent time with Rachel, who wanted to introduce herself in the previous post, and was able to pick up tickets to Snow White at the Pumpkin Theatre for her and I this sunday, AND bargained for the transportation to get there !! I feel almost normal!!!!!
The options open to a homeless person are limited, in respect to acceptable places to spend the huge blocks of time one has to fill, I never realized how much of my time I spent just 'chasing' the drugs when I was getting high as compared to the actual time 'getting' high, or 'being' high. The breakdown seems to go like this:
chasing-75 %
getting-- 5%
being-- 20%
no wonder there were never enough hours in the day and I never felt "satisfied" , lights are going out.....see ya..Dave

No comments: