Sunday, December 14, 2008

Goodness--Generosity--Gratitude

Hi again,
It's Sunday afternoon and I'm back here at the library, I really should be outside enjoying the mild weather while I can...but, Oh well. I am truly amazed and deeply grateful at all the acts of random kindness I have experienced recently, as I left you last evening, faithful reader, I was in the middle of recalling my psycho-week. When I left here I went back to the Starbucks, and when I walked in Sean(Shawn?) hands me a gift card and says there is $10.00 credited to it, an he tells me the woman who was sitting next to me when I was in earlier bought it for me and wanted to give it anonymously, WOW!, we exchanged maybe 10 words and I closed the sun shade on the windows for her, I did NOT mention my homelessness at all and I do not remember discussing it with anyone while she was there near me (?!), and AGAIN that same night, about an hour later, another woman with whom I had chatted, only about inconsequential general topics, just making pleasant conversation, turns around and hands me $4.00, saying "I hope this helps, I know what it can be like out there.",(?!).WOW and W.T.F. ?!? These were totally unsolicited donations from total strangers, as I have mentioned I neither hide nor advertise my homelessness there (at the coffee shop), and I do not recollect seeing either of these people before. Thanks to both of you, and thank you GOD, whatever I'm doing right to deserve such kindnesses let me keep doing it. To continue... I felt like walking last night so I headed down Reisterstown Road and stopped at the McDonalds in Pikesvile...(the new upscale decor has got to be seen to be believed, if it was not for the service and the employees, one might think they were in a real restaurant.........MEOW...SORRY>>>LOL), a man I see all the time on the busses, who I thought was homeless, (he is, he has been living in the woods at the cemetary...been there--done that) asked to use my cell phone, as I don't have a lot of minutes I gave him $0.50, and then bought him a meal, on the grounds that if I am blessed with kindnesses I must pass it on....SO...I am sitting in the coffee shop this A.M. and my new friend Lynn comes in and we talk for a minute and mention that I have not been in most of the week, I tell her of my adventures in lala-land, and she says she did not know I was homeless and slips $25.00 in my pocket, I tell her that it is not necessary, but she insists, and my pride took a back seat to my practicality,.........but this is what I am talking about when I say I am Blessed........OOPS gotta go times up....Dave

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Money changes everything