Monday, January 26, 2009

As I was Saying......(prev. post from Mon. cont'd.)

Back with more:
As most of you know I have been posting ads on Craigs List looking for somewhere to live in exchange for any work/services I may be able to offer, and on my sign that I hold up when I am on the corner panhandling, the first thing it says after a declaration of my homelessness, is "NEED A ROOM---WILL WORK FOR RENT". I have received several responses and pursued a few of the possibilities, and, actually moved in for a very short time at one location. It was not meant to be, and for courtesy's sake...I'll leave it at that. Well, I've got another possibility, and even if it does not come to fruition, I feel that I must mention the kind words, thoughts, and concerns that this total stranger has had for me, because, after all that was the original point of this little blog. Angela, who I have not yet met, other than by e-mail, has worried about me and where I have been sleeping in this cold weather, this may not sound like much to you and I cannot properly convey how and why I am so moved without showing you her e-mails to me, and that would be a violation of privacy, which I feel would be wrong. Suffice it to say, they touched me and again strengthened my belief in the goodness of people and reinforced my sense of gratitude, that, even though I am where I am...I am NOT where I was! Thank You Angela.
I also, just for sh*ts and giggles, placed a personal ad on Craigs List, I was straight up and said I was homeless right up front, I actually had a really nice reply, which I responded to, and I am still awaiting her reply to. Who knew?? Who knows??
A few bits of trivia from the street level on the current economic crisis:
Most every night I get off the bus at Reisterstown Road Plaza, between
9:00 and 11:00 pm., I walk past the drive thru windows of the Checkers, KFC, Long John Silvers, Panda Express, and the vacuum cleaners on the lot of the gas station/car wash, and check the ground below them for change...well, most of last winter and this spring and summer, I could count on at least $1.30 a night on the average, sometimes more on certain weekend or holidays. The past few months, it has dropped off to about .20 cents on average!!.......
alright, alright, it is closing time....more tomorrow,,,Dave

No comments: