Friday, January 2, 2009

A New Year---A New Beginning?

Happy New Year!
Greeings to all, I hope that your New Years Eve was safe and happy.
I was curled up in my sleeping bag by 9:00 pm and fell asleep before midnight. I was awoken by the traditional "Baltimore Ghetto Fireworks", aka gunshots and the pitter-patter of spent bullets falling randomly from the sky, I actually went on a bullet hunt, and found about 30 shell casings, 50 bullett holes that were not there before, in signs, buildings, and vehicles, and even 6 slugs on the sidewalk and a parking lot, (they looked as if they had been fired straight up and fell straight down, from the shape and condition of the bullets). Even though the City was forced to cancel their display due to wind, some one in northwest Balto. put on one hell of a noisy exhibition! I went back to sleep and woke about 6:30 and went up to Pikesville to the coffee shop, and spent a lazy day with the folks at Starbucks, until the after noon when I went over to my daughters house and spent the rest of the day and evening with her, it was a very peaceful and relaxing day, a good way to start off a year of Change. No drama. No drugs. No deep depression. I have my meds, I have some credit on my coffee card and I have some cash (!!!!!!).
It is said that how you spend New Years Eve and Day, reflects on how your year will go, well.. I admit to being a wee bit superstitious, so let's hope that the fact that I did NOT have to go out on the corner and beg, and I did NOT have the need or desire to go out and chase a drug, or oblivion, due to feelings of severe depression are harbingers of things to come in the year ahead. The hapiness, joy, and love I shared with Rachel must be symbolic of the future!
Anyway, i was listening to NPR yesterday, I forget which show, (sometimes they seem to run together) but it came on at 2:00 pm. and was about blogs and blogging. It is estimated that about 50,000 each day blog or start to blog, so I don't feel as bad about my lack of professionalism or my content matter, as I did. If anyone reads and comes back to this, fantastic, if not all well and good also, because it is working to keep me sane, and in a way, it is stroking my ego, LOL. so good bye for now and "thank you for your support" (does anybody out there remember Bartles and Jayes wine coolers?)
bye........Dave

No comments: