Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Double Homelesscide....or OY, You're Killing Me!

Greetings and Hallucinations;
Hi Guys, (which is Rachel's latest phrase);
Sometimes my life seems as if it is all a dream...a bad dream! You know sh*t is bad when a homeless guy is evicted from an abandominium! I went to where I have been sleeping, peacefully, quietly, and drama free, on Monday night, and lo and behold, for the first time in a year, the land(slum)lord has had some work done to the building! Of course it was in the form of boarding up an open doorway that has been left open for over a year with the broken door lying on the driveway covered with leaves and detritus. The broken windows all over the building (which I have had no contact or interactions with) were also fixed, some have been broken out since we lived in the building, more than 2 years ago. I have a feeling that "The CAT LADY" was spying on me, no it is not paranoia (this time...LOL), but you know the type I mean living on a fixed income, wearing mismatched rags and spending her whole check feeding about 3 dozen stray cats every day, TWICE a day, when we lived in the building the cats would constantly be peeing and fighting and spraying in the basement and the foyer and any empty space they could get into..the place smelled lovely!!, But of course this woman lives in the senior citizen building on the NEXT lot over, so none of this affects her and no amount of reasoning, asking, pleading, or threatening with legal actions made a difference, we were finally forced to resort to an exterminator and 'Animal Control' from the city of Baltimore was called. In the end because of the feral nature of many of these animals.. drastic measures were taken......SO, I was leaving my little hidey-hole later than usual, (after dawn) one day and the harridan recognized me and became ..quite agitated .. shall I say, and of course again this Monday morning, lack of sleep had accrued enough SO that I overslept... and who was outside with a NEW batch of cats???, in short...I am out of a place to sleep, late at night, cold and about to snow. Luckily I knew of a 'backup'..it's not the best, I'll go into detail tomorrow, but I was sheltered from the weather, if not the cold. I am meeting with someone Friday evening to see if there is a compatibility factor and any basis for some sort of arrangement in regards to a shelter for services trade/barter. But you know what faithful reader(s), I just have a 'feeling' about this person (to remain anonymous until????) that, even if there is no common ground for an exchange...I just might be making a new friend.
I am out of here for now, on my way to Anna Marie's for a much needed shower and wash day.
Oh yeah, I finally was forced, by economic necessity, to step out on the corner to ask the citizens of Baltimore for monetary assistance (what the hell!-- sounds better than saying "panhandling"...LOL). I needed too resupply my self with meds., so I went out for an hour on Friday, Saturday, and about 45 minutes on Monday evenings around 4:00-5:00 pm. each day, it is a good thing that I am no longer feeding an addiction. As I mentioned yesterday, the meltdown from Wall Street has 'trickled down' (thank you Pres. Reagan) to the 'mean street', the ratio of cars stopping to the total volume of cars passing has dropped dramatically, although I made more in an hour on Friday than I can ever expect to make in a job, without some serious training/schooling and a break in regards to finding a job....on Monday I left with $1.35..ouch! ALSO, the corner where I like to stand has been taken over by a quartet of dope fiends/crack heads who double team the intersection while going to cop drugs in shifts....I am TRYING not to be judgemental, but it is hard when my livelihood is affected. I gotta go get washed up now,...I stink...see you all later.............Dave

No comments: