Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Hope--Change--'Yes We Can!'--"Yes We DID"--"'Yes I WILL!!"'

Good Morning America, How Are You;
Don't you know me?, I'm your native son!!
Welcome all, I am cold, tired, sore, lonely, depressed, dead broke, and homeless....
And right now I am so damn proud to be an American, that these seem like minor annoyances! I would rather be where I am right now than wealthy and privileged in another country. Did you all see or hear Pres. Obama's speech today as he took office? Short, sweet, succinct, powerful, and inspiring! I feel compelled to achieve something, that it is inevitable and ordained. I am reminded of Pres. John F. Kennedy's "ASK NOT--" speech and I get the same chills, from both men's oratory, (reading the transcripts just doesn't cut it), and I feel the same sense of possibility and capability in the face of seemingly insurmountable odds when I listened to BHO's inaugural address as when I heard JFK's challenge to America to " Send a man to the surface of the Moon, and return him safely..."
I am inspired to take charge of my life and rejoin productive society, and to go out and volunteer, and have a hand in the rebuilding of the American Dream and the refurbishing of the American Ideal.
The question is, will this zeal survive tonight, when I again bed down in an 'abandominium', will I still be this enthused when the old prostate says "get up and pee" at 4:00 in the morning and I have to crawl out of my nice warm sleeping bag, put on my frozen boots and stumble outside in 20 degree temps.?.... You know what I really think I that....... it will and I will. I am aware that I am riding an emotional and adrenaline high, and that it will not last, but I think that this knowledge and awareness will offset the usual crash and depression that I normally would expect and experience. The instant gratification and immediate solutions I crave, are hopefully, this time , tempered by a new sense of patience and clear thinking, that will allow me to not become discouraged and give up. THAT has been one of the banes of my existence, (and a typical addictive trait and behavior), and a major 'trigger' in my episodes of self destruction. Maybe the absence of substance use and the presence of 'bupe' will counteract much of the negative, self imposed stumbling blocks I seem to construct. The only major worry is to not succumb to a sense of 'manana' , procrastination being the other face of my two headed coin of emotional instability. (sorry there was a sale on $2.00 words----3 for a buck!!... LOL )
Anyway.. if I (and the country as a whole) can stay 'imbued'?, 'infused'?, with this feeling of 'it CAN be done' I think 2009 shows real promise, for me both as a 'person in need' and as a 'citizen in deed'. I know that tomorrow will still dawn as cold as today and I will still be flat broke, but I'll deal with it and results will not be instantaneous. I'll look for the little improvements and be grateful for them, meanwhile, I am still living in a country that has successfully turned over it's control of it's government PEACEFULLY!!! 44, that's FORTY-FOUR times. And I am living, and have lived through some of mankind's most momentous events, social, and technological.
I had my Ex be sure that my daughter Rachel watched at least a small part of the Inauguration and a bit of the parade, which may leave more of a concrete memory, just to try to give her something to anchor onto, I can remember JFK's inauguration, and I hope that she will remember this one.
Man, I feel both tiny and huge at the same time, at this moment, it is better than any drug I have ever tried...(and we all know that I was a research volunteer for
the loyal opposition in the war on drugs...LOL)
Later..and God Bless America...Dave...
Oh Yeah........SH*T...SH*T...SH*T...SHI*...SH*T...
...SH*T...SH*T...SH*T...SH*T...SH*T...SH*T...
...sh*t...sh*t...sh*t...sh*t...sh*t...
++LEGAL DISCLAIMER ON ANYTHING WRITTEN IN PURPLE++
this has been an editorial commentary on the AFC Playoff game, AND!!! the continuing quality of officiating that seems to be conspiring against the RAVENS.
(All opinions expressed are sole property of the writer, editor, and management,...ME!!!)
(and no claim is made on the basis of their reasonableness or rationality)
(in fact, emotion and my dislike of the Stealers could have a lot to do with their content!)
Ah well...."Next year in Jerusalem".....(or the NFL equivalent)
D.B.C.

No comments: