Friday, February 20, 2009

Cold Hard Truth

Hi;
From the Balto. Sun.-Fri.-2/20/09
"38 yr. old Man, Homeless for 6 Years, Found Feb. 10th in Elkridge, Howard County, Pronounced To Have Died of Hypothermia."
This is the first article that I saw this morning when the paper fell open on the floor, it is sobering and not a little scary. Last night/this morning....I woke up from the cold many times in the course of the night, shivering and shaking.
I rebundled and wrapped, lay back down until the next bout. When I left my little shed this morning, the wind chill was so intense, my hands were numb, and then aching and in pain, in the two (2) minutes (literally) it took to get inside the coffee shop. .....
I gotta go Rachel called me to meet her..now!
I ask all to pray for the poor soul who died, this is too close to home...
.......Dave
Okay, I'm back for a second before closing time........
As cold as I get, there is still civilization within yards of me if needs be, and I hope that I would be in enough pain that I would crawl out of the sleeping bag and go to the gas station that is open 24 hours, or over to the Fire Station, or if push came to shove go to the pay phone and call 911, and even as a last resort do something similar to what the guy in Frederick did the other day, and heave a brick through an alarmed window and wait for the cops and screw the consequences.
But as I understand it, this poor guy's body was found out in a field somewhere.
I did not know him, and I do not know his story, but drunk, stoned, or sober; sane or troubled..........freezing to death,.......alone;....is no way to leave this life.
I'll be back here tomorrow........God willing...........Dave

No comments: