Sunday, February 8, 2009

Poetic License

hello everybody;
I hope you are all enjoying this glorious day.
I am taking a "Sunday Drive" today, a slight detour to PoetryLand, so either logout now or settle back and enjoy {?} the ride,
remembering to keep your seatbelt fastened and your hands and arms inside the ride at all times ....
As a disclaimer, I must let you all know that I was requested to post some of these...
SAFETY VALVE
-------------------------
I'M JUST A JUNKIE POET,
FIGHTING TO STAY ALIVE.
LEARNING TO DEAL WITH EMOTIONS
THAT TO YOU, ARE NATURAL,
BUT TO ME, ARE STRANGE AND EXTREME.
I'M DUELING MY DEMONS EVERYDAY,
BUT THIS TIME, I'M USING A PEN,
NOT A SPIKE.
THIS TIME, I CHOOSE MY OWN BATTLE GROUND,
THIS TIME, I CLOTHE MYSELF IN THE ARMOR OF MEMORY.
I SEE THOSE I LOVE,
AND THOSE I HATE, FALL BY THE WAYSIDE.
DEATH IS STILL A CONSTANT COMPANION,
THOUGH NO LONGER MY PARTNER
IN SELF DESTRUCTION.
NO LONGER RUNNING FROM THE FUTURE,
NO LONGER HIDING FROM THE PAST.
I MAY BE POOR, BUT I AM NEVER DESTITUTE,
AT TIMES I MAY BE DESPERATE,
BUT I AM NEVER DESPAIRING.
I NOW STRIVE INSTEAD OF STRUGGLE,
I'M JUST A JUNKIE POET,
WRITING TO STAY CLEAN
--------------
DBC-3/20/00
-----------------
------------------
Remember When
------------------
------------------
Remember when:
Love and pain weren't synynomous
Youth and innocence were
Horror was just at the movies
Villians always wore black hats
And terror came from a rollercoaster ride
*
Remember when:
Loss was only a ball score
Heroine ended wiyh an e
Coke came in green glass bottles
Needles were for embroidery
And nobody carried guns in school
*
Remember when:
Lonelyness meant your best friend was on vacation
Emptiness could be filled with a cookie
Happiness was a normal state of mind
Depression was a hole in the ground
And insanity happened to other people
*
Remember when:
Dads were heroes
Moms were goddesses
Only goldfish ever died
Each day lasted a lifetime
And the night was our friend
*
Remember when:
Evil was only fiction
Goodness was unambigous
Fantasies were harmless escape
Dreams were untapped potential
And hope shaped our lives
****************
Remember When?
--------------------
dbc.......9/16/01
***********
identity
---------
---------
who am i?
the only question that really matters,
we define ourselves by our perception
of self, of our place in the grand scheme of things.
we measure ourselves on the yardstick of another's perception,
of the niches we fill in their lives.
who am i?
the ultimate revelation,
do i matter?
am i a part of the whole?
or just a mote in the eye of time?
a byte of lost data in the cosmic computer?
----------
dbc....12/13/99
------------------
-------------------
A Lover's Prayer
******************
******************
I long to worship at the Cathedral of your Love
**To kneel at the altar of your sex
***To taste the sacrament of you upon my tongue
****To experience the Transubstantiation.
I ache to bring upon you the Rapture
**To unite in the Holy Trinity's of -- You, Me, Us;
***Mind, Body, Soul.
I desire the Ecstasy of the "Little Death"
**To be Resurrected in you, of you, and by you.
In you I seek my Revelation
**And through the Sound and the Fury,
***To reach the Power and the Glory.
.......................................................................................Amen.
dbc 11/28/99 { for M. }
******
********
Inner Vision
********
Don't tell me about MY reality
*Don't try to delineate MY illusions
YOU have not walked in my shoes
*YOU have not lived in my skin
----
Where YOU see a crazy man
*Talking to himself on the bus
I see a kndred soul
*Crying out for solace to a deaf world
----
YOU may have some sympathy
*But you'll never understand
YOU see only the facade
*I see Insanity from the Inside
----
Where You see a diamond
*Sharp edged bright and beautiful
I see a house of mirrors
*Trapping me in the midst of endless reflections
----
So DON"T tell me about MY reality
*If I can't define it
How the Hell can YOU
*Blinded by the light of your ego
--------
dbc...1/11/00

No comments: