Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Ennui..Depression..and Too Many Others

Hello;
I'll be brief, I have had trouble getting on line the past few days, due to both circumstances beyond my control, and a slide into a period of the "fukkitts", it'll pass, but being cold and tired and slightly sick, have crippled any ambitions I have had recently. The only bright spot was taking Rachel to the library Sunday to see and HEAR!!, Abu the Flutemaker..if you ever get the chance..GO, with or without a kid, he is amazing.. I am out of computer time, if I can get more tonight I will be back..if not...Tomorrow..,................Dave
Well, I got back on;
I really am SO un-motivated at this time for some reason, Bio-rhythms?, approaching birthday (if you're that curious..it's in the profile...LOL), Geez...this is not where I figured I'd be at 53. (although if you consider the fact that Anna Marie and I decided that at 40 you start counting 'backwards'...I am only going on 27...).
I ran into Mike again the other night, he saw me in Starbucks, about 1/2 an hour before closing and 'sidled' in asking if it was okay to use the bathroom, not to the employees, but whispered to me. After he came out I gave him a bag of food and a whole coffee cake that Ashley asked me if I had wanted, being loaded up myself I passed it on to Mike and told him to share out what he could not use, again having to fight to convince him to take it, telling him it was going in the garbage anyway, if he did not.
I have been enlisted by Charlotte ( the woman I wanted to meet, with whom I discussed "The Secret", mentioned in an earlier post) to help her study for Inorganic Chemistry, and to help her prepare her Oral Arguments, and Rebuttal, in a case before The Court Of Special Appeals, we are meeting at 6:00 am at the coffee shop some mornings. Is it just me, or is there an ironic twist here?
One thing about being homeless is that I spend a lot of time looking at the ground as I walk the streets not a matter of not holding ny head up, but of economics...I find some cool stuff, ..money..and most recently I have been finding Gift Cards, from various businesses, at differing locations around the city, in gutters, on busses, in trash cans, etc. If I cannot use them I sell them to whoever, at a discount of the value left on the card, or give them away if it not worth selling due to a low balance. I have also began picking up every lottery ticket I find and running them through the self-checker looking for winners, $112.00 so far, in various denominations, instant and machine generated.
I'll be back tomorrow...Dave
OH...and to M. V.....e-mail address in white on top banner

No comments: