Thursday, February 26, 2009

"Still Crazy..After All These Years...."

Hello one and all;
Well I beat the bookies again for another year, the smart money had me kicking the bucket at 36!, and this was first calculated back in 1974!! Shot at; Stabbed; Sliced and diced,(sometimes by my own hand); 2 near fatal car accidents, One where I was actually pronounced "dead"!!; Brain trauma, and it's temporary and permanent, related after effects and deterioration; Clinical Depression and Anxiety and other assorted diagnosed Mental and emotional illness; Pneumonia and empyeama that required emergency surgery due to fact that I was about one hour away from heart failure; a congenital heart defect; Three progressive, terminal, and fatal diseases,( 2 of the liver, which is always a load of fun) which can be treated and halted but not reversed,..one currently in remission, one being addressed and treated, that is not progressing at this time, and one that is not being medically attended to right now; Hypertension to the max!; Salmonella; Broken neck and back; assorted lacerations, breaks, bruises, trauma, minor diseases and illnesses; Osteoarthritis; and now I am being told of possible Pancreatic "issues", and Fibromyalgia; and of course there was the attempted "Suicide By Cop" that turned into a Keystone Kops farce....plus some stuff that I'd rather not put into cyberspace...you can figure it out...; add to that de-toxing on the floor of Central Booking...cold turkey, and an all expense paid "state vacation", two failed marriages and a family history that makes the word 'estranged' into a positive adjective.!!!!

That's just the 'short list"....LOL; Maybe some of you wonder why I am always going on about gratitude, and why I may get overwhelmed on occassion but generally, for someone with no place to live, have a good attitude, and don't really 'sweat the small stuff'....well let me tell you my secret...First..ya gotta have a naturally twisted sense of humor, an appreciation for irony, a "black" wit....and an actively overdeveloped feeling for PERCEPTION!!
Also being an incurable romantic, and an un-repentant chauvinist (in a good way) with little or no expectations of reciprocation, enables me to have A LOT of female friends who feel non-threatened alone and/or in a semi-intimate situation with me.( Though it can be tough at times to put a gag on my mouth and my heart......luckily I'm a poet, we are SUPPOSED to suffer from unrequited love!!....LOL..[or not]..)

An appreciation for "TANSTAAFL" (literary reference--Robert A. Heinlein...look it up) is a plus too.

So..."Today I am A man"....oops that was 40 years ago!! Oy Vey..now it's my "oldtimers" disease kickin' in!!!..
Yeah..53 years old today..with a 4 1/2 year old kid...wow!
I got to see Rachel yesterday and shower and do laundry at her mother's. We made birthday cards for the ex..(WE are 1 day and 14 years apart). Today they picked me up and we went to a friend's farm in Randallstown to milk the goats and Rachel introduced me to to alpacas, she is a part of their herd. There were 3 new members today (for a total of 6), who checked her out and when she fed them, also accepted her...it was pretty cool to watch her with them. We then went back to her house where we played and had lunch. It has actually been the best birthday in about 20 years...the majority of which were NOT on the streets. The weather has helped my mood today also. I want to thank all who have prayed and thought of me, and those of you who have sent greetings. I am very grateful..(there's that word again)....bye all ..Dave
P.S...Maybe I have been too sublte in my hints.....
SEND LAWYERS GUNS AND MONEY.....ASAP!!!
...............LOL>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dave
THIS SPACE FOR RENT
****ADVERTISING GIMMICK****
I WILL SHAVE MY HEAD AND WEAR A TATTOO-(HENNA TEMPORARY)- PROMOTING YOUR ..PRODUCT..BUSINESS..CHARITY.. ETC.
FOR A FEE, NEGOTIABLE!!
THINK OF THE UNIQUE BUZZ THIS IDEA COULD CREATE IN TANGENTIAL MEDIA COVERAGE..SEE N.Y. TIMES LAST WEEK
FOR THE PROPER CAUSE I WILL WEAR A PERMANENT TATTOO ON ANOTHER, MORE PRESENTABLE PART OF MY BODY
WHAT CAN I SAY.I AM BROKE, BORED, IN NEED OF SOME CREATIVE CRAZINESS, AND I LIKE "INK"!!!
AND IT'S A HARMLESS WAY TO MASSAGE A MID-LIFE CRISIS!!
REMEMBER WHAT I SAID ABOUT HAVING TO HAVE A SKEWED SENSE OF HUMOR...AND THE ABSURD ALSO
LOVE YOU ALL....REALLY =!!!....DAVE

No comments: