Tuesday, February 23, 2010

"Brain Salad Surgery"

Good Evening;

The announcement below was forwarded to me by Neil.
Depending on the weather, the buses, and how I feel...I may try to catch the Number 14 bus to Annapolis and observe the goings on.
If I still feel as crappy as I do today though...who knows?
I really have to get a pair of boots first thing on Tuesday the 2nd if I get my little bit of cash, (or this weekend if I get any birthday presents worth selling...LOL!)


Homeless Persons' Lobby Day in Annapolis
Date: Thursday, February 25th, 2010

Time: 9:45 a.m.

Homeless Persons and their Advocates Rally for Health Care and a Strong Safety Net:

ANNAPOLIS: On Thursday, February 25, more than 400 health care providers, students, people experiencing homelessness, and advocates for the poor will gather at 9:45 a.m. in Lawyers Mall to urge lawmakers to strengthen health care and safety net programs. The rally brings together Health Care for the Homeless and the Maryland chapter of the National Association of Social Workers along with other organizations and individuals committed to reducing homelessness in Maryland.

Participants will advocate for dedicated resources for continued Medicaid expansion and for a strengthened safety net to assist those in urgent need. Speakers include legislators, activists, faith leaders, college students, and people experiencing homelessness. Throughout the day, participants will meet with elected officials to advance balanced and sensible solutions to the economic and health crises faced by a growing number of Marylanders.

“During difficult economic times, more people seek services from an already overburdened safety net,” said Jeff Singer, President & CEO of Health Care for the Homeless. “While we work for universal access to health care, permanent affordable housing, and incomes high enough to prevent homelessness, we also must protect and strengthen safety net programs that support vulnerable Marylanders.”

Health Care for the Homeless (HCH) provides health-related services, education, and advocacy to reduce the incidence and burdens of homelessness. Last year, HCH delivered medical care, mental health services, social work and case management, addiction treatment, dental care, outreach, prison reentry services, housing, and access to employment for more than 10,000 Marylanders at clinic sites in Baltimore City, Frederick, and Montgomery, Harford, and Baltimore Counties. Most HCH clients have incomes below federal poverty guidelines, and 75% are uninsured.

Members of the press are welcome to ride with us by bus from Baltimore to Annapolis. For more information on Homeless Persons’ Lobby Day in Annapolis, please contact Adam Schneider at Health Care for the Homeless at 443/703-1398.


Kevin Lindamood, Vice President, External Affairs
Health Care for the Homeless, Inc.
421 Fallsway
Baltimore, MD 21202
443-703-1303
klindamood@hchmd.org


Today, and (last night) was a "pick up behind" domestic day at Jenn's. When I woke up around midnight and heard the water running, and running in the kitchen, I thought the dished in the sink were being done....there I go thinking again...lol! I couldn't sleep so in between trips to the bathroom and bouts of dizzyness I emptied the dishwasher, reloaded it, and washed the overflow and all the pots and pans. I finally got back to sleep about 5:45 a.m., and was woken up 20 minutes later as Tom blundered through the apartment getting ready to leave, cursing at the dog and cats as he fed them, awakening the baby as he adjusted the blanket that needed no adjusting, etc. I threw a DVD of 'The Brave Little Toaster' in the player and got Devin to quiet down, and she fell back asleep, which is unusual. (She was running a fever later, which is where I probably got ..whatever it is I am getting...Ed is beginning to hack and snorkle also, and Jenn is dealing with sinus crap and dizziness too.....lovely, last time I was in this situation, I ended up with 3 tubes in my chest and some lovely petit point embroidery holding my lungs in...LOL!) The laundry room had just been unlocked so I started the first of the 4 loads of laundry I would end up doing, (1 for me - 3 for Jenn), then got the kids milk in their sippy cups ready. nobody felt much like breakfast..(not a good sign!!!).. but after I made them lunch a little later, Ed and I walked over to the Giant at the Plaza, and spent most of my last few bucks on some neccessities..(and a box of No Sugar Fudgesicles), and made a detour through the mall so he could ride the Space Shuttle coin ride, (I forgot about his terminal carsickness...but so did he this time..thank goodness..lol),. When we got back to the house I ended up cooking up the chops I had picked up, for Jenn and Tom and I for dinner later, then showered and came up here. I was going to stop at the Starbucks but ended up in conversation with my old kindergarten through high school classmate Steve Liebowitz, who authored the book about the Steel Pier that I have mentioned before...(I know they have it at Barnes and Noble, look for it, it is awesome), and now I am about to go meet Monkee after she gets off work. I am almost out meds, and with this schizoid weather system that is approaching, who knows if we are going to be hit again or not by "The Cold White Sh*t"!.

I'll probably be back tomorrow, I want to come see Rachel if I can, she is supposed to be tken to the nail salon by the ex'es boyfriend's mother who is in from Chicago to see him after his bypass surgery, which seems to have worked out well, he is recovering on track.
It seems as if I'm gonna be at Jenn's at least a few more days, between health, weather, and the request that I babysit tomorrow night so the can go to an anniversary meeting. I'm torn 2 ways, the concept of "INDOORS" is pleasing, the particular location of said indoors is a bottle of Nitro-Glycerin, balanced on a box of sweating Dynamite on a leaking keg of gunpowder in a room with a gas leak.....which is being searched for by the Three Stooges.......WITH A MATCH!!!

I got really off tangent from where I was going to go with this today, so much so that I can't remember what I was so hyped up to write about...LOL, maybe the memory block will be off tomorrow...damn those aliens and their invasive surgery...I better start sporting the aluminum foil headwear again, just to be safe...you never know when they'll activate that chip!

Later...................Dave





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness. i'm at this not for profit library and this guy just asked me to stop talking. the nerve. i yelled at him. because he never asked the men to be quiet. only me, and i'm alone who the hell am i talking to