Monday, February 8, 2010

"HEY...Look At the SNEW!!.....SNEW???, What's SNEW?????......I Dunno, What's New With You??????..............{Sorry 'Bout Dat, Cabin Fever Attack}..."

Good Afternoon;
As part of my continuing program of FREE Public Service Bulletins, I would like to again affirm and confirm my previous series of announcements:
Cold Weather Sucks!!!
And 30+ Inches Of Snow Bites The Big One!!!
(The preceding statements ARE the opinion of the management, [and the managements oldest daughter]...[though NOT that of the youngest daughter!!]......LOL)
So, I really cannot complain though, I spent Tuesday night..(the 'practice blizzard') in a motel room, and have been at Jenn's since Wednesday night after the Disney On Ice show, and most likely will be there through ??? Thursday.
Unless I can find and get to another place !! I don't want anyone to think I am ungrateful, because I do appreciate the opportunity to be safe, warm and dry, but this extended experience only reinforces and vindicates my reasoning behind the inability of my staying there permanently.
Too small, too crowded, too tense, too many strong personalities, too many opposite opinions, too many 'eggshells' being walked on, too much effin stinky dog!!!, too much loss of independence, autonomy, and freedom.
Too much 5 year old who is more 'pre-teen' than precocious'
I will take advantage of the invitations to get out of the weather whenever they come about, and I will 'pay my freight', by babysitting, pet sitting, buying groceries, advancing grocery money when I am able, feeding the kids, cooking and cleaning the kitchen, and taking out the trash and emptying the damn litter box..(don't even ask...lol!!!).
After a while, that old 'fifth wheel' feeling would kick in, and with it, all the old thoughts and doubts and behaviors, and that can only lead to.....
Too much chance I will end up with a bullet to the brain or a spike in my arm.
So, moderation, after the worst of the snow has passed, I'll be back out in the shed, and to tell the truth, I have to go past there this afternoon before dark to see if the door was blown open by the winds of the blizzard, and if it has filled with snow. One good thing which has come from all this is a re-evaluation of what I am feeling I may be capable of doing. I don't know exactly what or where it is leading me, but some sort of change feels imminent. Maybe it is thoughts of my own mortality, and the knowledge of that time is passing.
There are 2 reasons behind this sudden sense of urgency...
One is my impending birthday, I'll be 54 on the 26th, and that is 3 x 18, approximately 3 Generations, (as evidenced by Jenn and Rachel; and Ed and Devin....although the idea of a daughter and a grand son 9 months apart is hilarious...lol), Or, basically 3/4 of a Lifetime..(give or take...lol).
The other is that the "ex'es" live in boyfriend is in Triple Bypass Heart Surgery , even as I write this. He is not much older than I am, and even though I am not close to him, it still has a trickle down effect because Rachel ended up spending Thursday night at Jenn's also with me, and has been at her Grandmother's during the storm. She may be back at Jenn's on and off as needed during the recovery period, and explaining to and talking with her about it....has me "What iffing".
Anyway, I do not know when I will be back on, maybe tomorrow morning, maybe not until, Thursday or Friday, depending on the snow.
Speaking of the snow, I was informed that it has pushed back the JT article another week, until the 19th. Things got way behind I guess.
I'm outta here, I hope everyone stayed safe and warm and dry, and remains so, it is supposed to be in the single digits again tonight.
How about that Superbowl...was that one hell of a game or what!!! and there was some kind of twisted justice for the Ravens when Matt Stover missed that kick..after 16 consecutive playoff goals!...and Jenn made this really kickass crab and shrimp cheese dip...OMG!!!..(LOL!! recipe on request)...
Thanks to Paul, Neil, and Michelle (Mlle), for their inquiries, salutations and concern, Love you guys.
later.....Dave

No comments: