Wednesday, February 3, 2010

"The Twilight Zone....OR....The Outer Limits????................."

Good Afternoon;
So talk about lousy timing.....
I really did not feel that hot yesterday and after agonizing over the expense for a few hours, decided to avoid the hassle of the snow and just get a room. I had the cash to do so, and even though I really did not want to spend it, I needed the .....call it...stress alleviation, non-chemical anti-anxiety relief, or just a chance to spend a night in a warm dry place, BY MYSELF, and for the first time in many months be able to truly physically 'let go', and "unlax", without the tension of always sleeping with one eye/ear open, OR, the unseen and unspoken, but always present 'psychic pressure' one feels in another's 'space', no matter how welcome you are....
So I got a room...
and not 10 damn seconds after paying the NON-REFUNDABLE cash fee for the room....
Jenn calls and asks if I want to crash at their place!

Even though I enjoyed the combination of security and solitude...I would have put up with the tension and bedlam last night just to be out of the weather and the knowledge that I had the money in reserve for another night.
Story of my life..a day late and a dollar short, looking the wrong way or blinking when the once in a lifetime event happens, and TWICE!! falling in love with the wrong sister and realizing it too late!......lol.


I am heading over Jenn's in a bit, and Rachel should be there by then too, and we are going to the ice show and sleeping over tonight..{and if this massive storm heading this way this weekend turns out to be as bad as is being predicted, with "significant!!" (they won't even mention numbers...uh-oh) accumulation...maybe Friday/Saturday also}....[and OH SH*T, I just clicked over to the live weather forecast, and there is ANOTHER storm system due in the area Tuesday....DAMN you Punxatawney Phil!!!].......(so maybe the room WAS karma...and I did/do/will need it more than I realize....LOL).

Here is book I (and Jenn also) just finished reading) for you to check out, and a link to the writer's blog and webpage:

"GirlBomb: A Halfway Homeless Memoir" by Janice Earlbaum


I overheard the 'halfway homeless' part in a conversation and looked at it out of curiosity, and could not put it down. A great story, good writing, and when you finish and want to know what happened to her..(it IS a biography)..check out the site.

I wrote her an e-mail and she responded and checked out our little hot mess here and wrote me back...(and was very supportive)...Thanks Janice!

I gotta tell you, this whole--public library, free computer, Internet access, worldwide electronic community/neighborhood, instant communication thing--is awesome. When anyone, homeowner or homeless and everyone in between has the possibility to connect if they try to......and then there are the "twits".... mundane, profane, or insane....LOL!


I see that Baltimore's new Healthcare For The Homeless facility has opened up, with new offices, staff and services. 131 people serving about 7,000 clients. I guess I ought to go check it out again, though if the reports I heard about folks lining up 2-3 days early just to be seen are true....?????


I had a strange experience this morning, there was a comment on one of the posts, where a man asked me to contact him. He said that maybe we could work something out about me rooming with him, so I e-mailed him from my 'throwaway' address, and he gave me phone number, and I called him from a payphone, ...as you probably can tell I felt a 'weird vibe' from this whole thing. After talking for a few minutes he wanted to meet me, and show me his apartment, but I declined and hung up and quickly left the area..(just in case, because it IS possible to trace a payphone location)..after he mentioned that it was a studio we could 'share' the futon, and how much he liked to sleep with the heat down and 'snuggle' under the quilt....uhhh, seee ya!!!, I gotta admit, I am pretty liberal, basically a "try-sexual".....but he made me feel dirty and unclean!!!.....And he sounded like an alien!! As in "ET...Phone Home" not some dude in front of Home Depot looking for construction work!
Shudder!!! and Eeeewwwww!!!....LOL! Not exactly my idea of "Reach out And Touch Someone"!
Anywhooo.. I'm outta here to go to
....oohhh..oohhh,
I almost forgot to tell you the other reasons I do not want to stay in the shed much any more...
The county police must have reassigned some officers to new or different 'beats', because recently one of them has been sitting in a parking lot on the main road where he does his late night 'paperwork' and can 'see but not be seen until too late' and jump out after speeders...and is in sight of the shed door. The other night when the bladder decided we needed to go for a late night stroll, I opened the door and started to step out and saw the cop car, I eassssed the door shut quietly and went back and turned off the flashlight and stood there in silence, holding my breath and listening for the crunch of tires or feet on the snow. When nothing came of it after 15 minutes or so, I resumed breathing, and grabbed my nearly empty quart bottle of Powerade and 'gave a sample or peed in the cup' as the expressions go, praying the volumes would coincide..(they did, thank goodness!). I was either not seen, or seen and not worried about, either way, another episode that I really would have rather avoided...again.
The footsteps in the snow around and about the shed, though not coming up to the door, the second day after the snow, which were not mine are also worrisome and angst inducing.
Just another footnote in the "Book Of Dave: A Comic Psycho-Drama and Passion Play, (Translated From the Gibberish).
See you Tomorrow.........................Dave




No comments: