Saturday, February 20, 2010

"SNOW Business Like SLOW Business................"

Good Afternoon;

The sun is out and it's 44 degrees right now and walking is loads of fun....lol.

The 'normal' snow piles, those that are 3 feet high or less, are rapidly melting, while the "parking lot Matterhorns and Everests" are slowly exchanging their jagged peaks for more rounded contours, and everything is oozing water that sits and puddles in the gutters and street edges where pedestrians are forced to walk because in a majority of placed the sidewalks are still covered with snow. In some cases the plows had to shove it all up and over the curbs, where it has frozen down into 3 and 4 foot mounds of ice, in others the sidewalks are in the 'gray area' between private/city/commercial property, and no one will claim them to clean them, in still other situations certain homeowners/tenants have no intention of clearing the walks, the same people who believe that the traffic laws don't apply to them, and are the first to complain. ("Ghetto Attitude" covers a lot of territory, from Pikesville to Park Circle, and is "Equal Opportuniy Ignorant").


So the forecast is for low to mid 40 degree temps. until Monday, then freezing rain turning to rain through Tuesday temps back up in the 40s again. I may be able to get back in the shed by Wednesday, just in time for the projected inch or so of snow Thurday....lol! I just got a call from Jenn asking me to babysit this afternoon so she can get out and talk to an adult..(Tom doesn't count, at times it's like having 3 toddlers in the house...lol)..[and she and I sat up the past few nights talking]..so I'm going to go get some lunch and head back to the apartment. I was also penciled in to babysit on the Sunday the 28th of this month, now in years past I would have had to refuse....what with my birthday falling on a Friday night, there was no way I would have been able to tolerate the high pitched noise of children Duct taped to the chairs! LOL! But now, not partaking of the wide variety of legal and illegal alcoholic and pharmaceutical 'party starters' as I once did, I will be available, unless she dcides to pawn them off on her mom instead for the whole weekend.


I just got a notice from the JT of a comment on the story, from friends in Hawai'i, the internet is so cool!

I also have a request from a woman in LA who wishes to purchase a copy of "Talespinner", who happens to have the EarthLink Spam Blocker progarm set up to screen her e-mail...I gotta get me one 'o them!!
{I'm tired of pleas from Abulaijula Hasnilamisabadaba and his banker friends in Burkina Faso who desperately need my help in transferring millions of dollars out of the country if only I'll let them use my bank account....LOL!......bank account, that's a good one! But wait.....who has really pissed me off? Can I give him their information.......Nah...I'm not THAT evil....LOL!}
I am awaiting her reply to my reply.
When I was at Starbucks last night, a young woman who used to frequent Funks, and who was in my homegroup there, and who I kinda had a secret crush on (not any more...lol), (and at the same time was intimidated by...lol)...and who I had not seen in at least 6 years, stopped in with her 16 month old son. I was looking at her and as recognition began to dawn on me, she walks over and says "Hi, it's been foreve since I saw you". We chatted and caught up a bit, and when it finally hit her and sunk in that I am Jenn's dad...wel the look on her face was priceless...lol.
What is even funnier is that she was carrying a copy of the March issue of Baltimore Magazine, and had not opened it yet. Kristen it was great seeing you, you look wonderful, and WOW!!!!...all grown up too!!!!! Keep in touch.
Okay, I may be back tomorrow...if not, on Monday....
later..........Dave

No comments: