Sunday, February 21, 2010

"Those Lazy, Hazy,Crazy Days of Winter............"

Good afternoon;

This link is to a site that someone who had been checking out my blog posted on about the Baltimore Mag. article about my blog, with a link to my blog.
That poorly constructed last sentence was either an example of:
A) circular logic?
..or..
B) being stuck in a self perpetuating loop?
I think it is currently part of someone's research or thesis work at a local university, more info when I have more time to explore deeper.

There has been about 3 dozen referrals from the JT online edition since yesterday morning...I can imagine what there'll be after sundown today, if some of the more Orthodox folks log on......Oy vey!...lol.

I have been having a very interesting correspondence with my newly found 'second cousin--once removed' out in the L.A. area, I don't even want to try to imagine the conversation that would develop with Edward, if I tried to explain that concept to him.even though I am Pop-Pop Dave, because I do not live in the house (full time)...I am not "Family"....LOL!, nor is Rachel, or any of his other grandparents, et. al. Things are very, very different on...'Planet Ed'...or as it should be called, "Planet......ED!!! STOP THAT!!!".....LOL!
After I left here yesterday, (and I got sucked into cyberspace and was an hour or more later than I had planned and had to call Jenn and ask her friend Shannon to come pick me up so they could get out in time), I took care of Ed and Devin and got them ready for bed, (and I had let Tom and Jenn sleep in in the morning so I had done the breakfast deal too), and then Tom got home a bit early so I sat down for a minute, this was about 7:45 pm, the next thing I vaguely remember is hearing Jenn come in around 9:30ish and the light going out and a blanket being put over me, I woke up enough to stumble to the bathroom, after first putting on my shoes and coat and starting to head out the door, to visit the tree...lol! This was around 11:35 pm. I must have gotten up and set up the Mr. Coffee in my sleep around 4:00ish, beacuse the next thing I remember is getting off the couch in agony at 7:30 am. All the crazy hours taking care of the kids and bad sleep finally caught up with me. The reason I bring this up is an e-mail I got calling me lazy...lazy?, unmotivated, unambitious, undisciplined I'll admit to, but LAZY? ask any parent, nanny, au pair of toddlers about lazy, or even any addict....unfocused, yeah, misdirected energies, you bet...but lazy,no way!
I'm out of time and the library is closing.............
later..............Dave




No comments: