Sunday, February 28, 2010

" It's My Time Of The Month....................."

Good Afternoon;

So this morning, with the grand-monsters at their maternal grandmother's, I got the opportunity to sleep in, the opportunity yes, the ability.....no....lol! I did enjoy the peace and quiet of what appears to be my second to last night at Jenn and Tom's apartment. If things work out as planned, and the weather gods..(demons??)..don't start "gettin' jiggy wit' it" again, I'll be gone Tuesday morning, by coincidence..?..after one full month. Well, as anyone who knows me well enough knows, I believe more in synchronicity and serendipity than coincidence.


The twin blizzards; the offer of Unconditional!! and temporary [though open ended] shelter from the storm; BOTH the Jewish Times and Batimore Magazine publishing and releasing issues in the same week; the contact with, and deluge of family information from, and the instant connection and feeling of comfort with,..a previously unknown cousin; the actuality of having the ability and desire to 'pay my freight' at Jenn's by childcare, cooking and consumables; having a one time infusion of cash that allowed me to take my daughters and grandchildren out like an average person does, and being able to live for a month, not live it up & not subsist, but just live; and purchase my meds in amounts that enabled me to just forget about them, not 'forget them', but to have sufficient quantities, that..(but for the timing of one of the snowstorms)..I did not think about them except when it was time to take them), and finally, for the first time in decades....actually acknowledge and enjoy my birthday.

It has been a very good month, and yes there have been stressors, through which I have had this forum to release the overpressure, as you know..tiny spaces and LARGE personalities...mix like alcohol and gasoline.....VERY Explosive!!!...LOL!

And although I have not mentioned it recently....the "$12,000.00--or--Go To Jail" Sword of Damocles that has been hanging over my head since Autumn has started it's downward swing. Sometime in March, I think it is the 23rd?, I have to go to Circuit Court, with more cash than I have seen in 10 years for the Child Support (arrears) Trial.
{And for all the new readers, this is an old case, my daughter turned 18 over 9 years ago, and YES I ADMIT I SCREWED UP. Most of this figure is interest and penalties, and somebody f*cked up bigtime somewhere years ago, because now there is no record of the thousands of dollars I had taken out of my paychecks!
"Curiouser and curiouser" said Alice.
Oh well, it's still February for another 8 hours....lol!
Tomorrow I have a 'coffee date' with my friend Michelle, one of my daughter's namesakes, (OED usage, for the nitpickers....LOL), and the dedicatee of some of the poetry in my book, (Hey!, if you want to find out which ones....BUY IT....LOL!!!...actually there are 5, but only 2 are noted, if you want to know which others, send me a note with your U.S. Postal Money Order...or cash, cash is always good!.......LMAO!!!!).
Speaking of books, I have been told many times that I ought to write a book about my life, well I don't think it's time yet. In all seriousness, I would want it to be a success story, not an object lesson in what NOT to do.
Now.....A reality show...that's an idea, hell my life, boring as it can be to me, is still more interesting than half the crap out on cable right now!!!
I'm outta time...gotta go.........later.......Dave

No comments: