Friday, February 19, 2010

"The New Phone Book Is Here!!!!!........The New Phone Book Is Here!!!!!!!!!!........................."

Good Morning, again;
So I called Neil at 7:15 am. this morning from Jenn's house and told him NOT to pick me up at the Old Ct. Metro station at 7:45ish as planned.
{I had another rough night on Jenn's recliner, physically, mentally and emotionally...I AM going to the clinic (at least in my mind at this point in time...lol) and sit and sit and sit on Monday morning, the pain in my legs, and the increasing intermittent numbness..pins and needles..in my hands and/or fingers,(not including the cold related issues), is getting to be of enough concern to force me to make a move, and IF..(and at this point, it is a BIG IF,...I may have to split...piled snow, cold nights, and possibly MORE slop forecast for Monday/Tuesday notwithstanding. There are building tensions and emotions that I cannot give voice to just now, due to a combination of tact, the appearance of seeming ungrateful, frustration, and just not knowing how to approach the issues.)..I am still at Jenn's then, having a place to leave my stuff so as not to have to deal with searches and security people will make my visit down to the Jai Medical Center in the 'hood' that much easier.} I finally got moving and finished the cup of coffee I poured at 6:00 am. about 9:00 am., and shaved and left their apartment. Neil was leaving the bagel shop where we were going to meet, so he picked me up and dropped me off at the library.....and gave me 5 copies of the Baltimore Jewish Times, (Friday-2/19/10-edition), which not only has the story about me in it, but features me, in all my shining glory on the cover. Pride, vanity, insecurity, hope, curiousity, embarrassment, humility, ego, irony, frustration, and an overall sense of the absurdity of it all, a real melting pot of emotions have hit me all at once. Two print editions and one online, within 48 hours, and the other online edition comes out on March 1st.....all this attention, this iteration of my "15 Minutes Of Fame", all because some folks think my life is more interesting than I do, and at least some of my 'loyal readers' enjoy my twisted sense of humor.........LOL. I gotta write a book about all this eventually......something like..."The Story Of My Life.....A Comedy In Multiple Acts, OR The Bastard Love Child Of Monty Python And Mel Brooks!".......LOL
More Later............Dave
And........thanks to everyone, because you read this...I keep living!

No comments: