Thursday, February 18, 2010

"Hot Off The Presses............And Into My Hot Little Hands..............."

Good Afternoon;
Baltimore Magazine
March 2010
Page 106/107
"Man on the Street"
'A recovering addict offers eyewitness
accounts of homeless life on Baltimore's
Most Fascinating Blog.'
Geez, talk about pressure, at least Evan didn't use the word 'consistently', I've got some 'wiggle room' for those days when my muse is on the rag..........LOL
(and for you folks checking us out here for the first time....if you're looking for PC content....leave now!)


ALSO:
DISCLAIMER!!!

I DO NOT NOW, NOR HAVE I EVER COLLECTED "SSI", (SUPPLEMENTAL SECURITY INCOME)! I HAVE A PENDING CLAIM, THAT IS ALL.

I had to get that straight before someone said..."Why are you homeless if you get SSI?", which can be $600.00 or more per month, and qualify me for the short list for subsidized housing.

Okay that's out of the way now.

The story is really well written, and other than the above confusion and a minor discrepancy regarding the chronology of my relationship with Jenn, it is 99 & 44/100 percent accurate, sometimes brutally and uncomfortably so. It should be on the racks by tomorrow, if not already out, and the online edition comes out March 1st.


It is strange to see myself in a magazine photo.....I keep asking who is that old guy who looks like me? (hey I'll admit to the middle aged spread, and the male pattern baldness, but geez.... give me a break somewhere!........LOL)

I share the issue with an interview with our new Mayor, Stephanie Rawlings-Blake, (God Bless Her And GOOD LUCK To Her, she's going to need it),
.....And the areas '50 Best Restaurants', (I almost ruined my copy drooling over the photos of the featured dished....lol), which is somehow appropriate, although I have not eaten at any of them recently...ha!

I brought a copy to Jenn and and she said she was also in accord regarding accuracy and quoted comments, nothing amiss that anyone would catch unless they know us well, except the SSI/DSS money mixup. My grandaughter Devin looked at the picture and pointed at me and babbled away in her own private language with an observation we are still trying to decipher.

It figures that last night would be 'the straw that broke this camel's back'.....damn near literally. Jenn's couch is the type that is a 'semi-sectional', with recliners on either end and a fold down table hidden in the back cushion between them. It has also been taken apart and put together, and moved a few too many times. Not to mention the wear, tear and abuse over the years. The combination of a well sat on, sunken in seat cushion, dual steel crosspieces of the framework that strike me just on my vestigial tailbone, and the deteriorating vertebrae just above it, an armrest with shifted padding that allows it's wooden framework to eventually in the course of the night wind up riiiigghhttt under the cervical vertebrae and the base of my skull that was broken and fractured, and never healed right, back in 1990, and which also shows signs of the same deteriorating disk disease. It was a bad night, no sleep and extremely painful. I can't sleep on the floor there for a couple reasons,... cheap apartment complex tile over a concrete slab, no padding or cushions available, and the dog hair, dander, dust and odor of wet dog and cat, and feet, that just won't come out of the rug. I finally crawled into the recliner about 3:00 am. and took a larger dose of my meds than I wanted too, but still within the proper range, (which I should have done hours before, instead of extending my agony with a sense of false economy and safety by only taking very small doses), this seems to be a combination of being overly prudent......and a hold on from my using days when I tried to make a stash last as long as possible, by taking the smallest hit I could still feel.......(but which only caused me to either shoot up more frequently as the hit wore off quicker, or just do it all at once in frustration, defeating the purpose in any case....LOL......[You ALL know what I am talking about, you've ALL done it, be it dope, coke, or chocolate....lol!]...). I really need to sleep on a flat, firm yet yielding surface............likeeeee???? a stack of card board boxes you ask? Yep, strange as it may seem, I need to get back to the shed and some solitude...if I could only get in there......DAMN SNOW!

I'll be back fairly early tomorrow, after I meet with Neil and Phil and get my copies of The Jewish Times, {Friday 02/19/2010 edition, I'm told I may be on the cover with Rachel!}. I'm outta time now and I have to go and babysit the grand monsters for Jenn and Tom, they want to go to Tom's homegroup tonight......................Dave
P.S.............
Just a heads-up for any 'mystery gifters', anonymous donors, wealthy philanthropists looking for a cause, Secret Santas, Fairy Godmothers, lonely rich women, grant and trust administrators looking for a worthy recipient, landlord who needs to have someone live in and keep an eye on their vacant mansion, lonely poor women, anyone who has recently been touched by angels or aliens and directed to give away all their worldly goods, or who has suddenly come into possession...{no questions asked}...of a large batch of gift cards.......
A week from tomorrow, that is NEXT Friday, the 26th of February, is my natal anniversary.....I mean these two simultaneous print media extravaganzas are plenty, but I'm just sayin'........LOL!




No comments: