Saturday, March 31, 2012

"8 Days A Week ......................... & ....................... Angry 'Birds' ?...................... HA!!!! ......................"

Good Afternoon
So......I'm back in Baltimore after a 9 day 8 night "vacation" in the quiet rural loveliness, (read: isolated country hell if one is carless !!!!......lol!), of Monkton Md.

Jenn came home last night tired, in pain, and miserable, as could be expected after a week in the hospital that started as an E.R. visit that we all thought was going to be a (relatively...for the E.R.) quick, 'in 'n out' for immediate relief of symptoms that would be followed up next day during her doctor's office hours. Well after heavy duty antibiotics, equivalent pain meds by IV, (that took 1/2 a dozen tries and both arms), she is on oral dosages of quantities of both that have their own unique side effects.....none of which are any fun.

After 8 days of not having any 
real adult conversation, I couldn't shut up on the train down from Hunt Valley, or for the first couple hours here at the coffee shop.....lol.

I went by the shed...it's still there...and dropped off some laundry and the library to drop off an pick up books after stopping by Monkee's for meds for 2 days before coming here. Tom picked up my other meds for me last night after picking Jenn up at the hospital and getting to the Giant in Hunt Valley, only to find that the pharmacy would not give her one of her prescriptions because it required 'prior authorization', which of course was impossible to get at 7:00 pm. on a Friday night, for the one antibiotic she truly must have.
Her friend in Owings Mills happened to have enough extra to spare through the weekend, so they drove all the way out there an since they were on that side of town, stopped in Pikesville at the RiteAid for me...(which he was going to do Thursday when he was out that way....but...'CRS'...[luckily I had gotten a week's worth of a sample from my doctor
 on Friday of last week because I was out of my BP meds).

Ed was progressively nearing meltdown all week, and all my preventative work was kicked to curb this morning when he left my "jurisdiction" an returned to full paternal parental control, who can put the 'anger' in Anger (mis)Management. I did get a couple blocks of sleep last night/this morning though because there was no need to get him up for school.

Anyway, I'm just sitting here waiting to go back and sleep without any friggin' cats, (Mama Cat is in heat again, and the other's all were bouncing off the walls, and anybody who was in the 'flight pattern' most of the week)
or frenzied cursing at everyone else because the 'curser' did not set or turned off their alarm.

I'm hanging on by a thread now that I don't have to keep it together
for other's sakes.

I've got bus fare for tomorrow, a Hickory Farms Summer Sausage 'bullet', a  package of 'Ooodles of Noodles', a couple packets of Crystal Light Pink Lemonade powdered drink mix and a devout hope that April is the Recertification month for my D.S.S. benefits.......not March.
(Which means I need a city address for my mail ASAP!)

It's Noooooodle Time;
Later....................................................Dave

No comments: