Monday, March 21, 2011

"Chag Sameach Purim......................."

Good Afternoon;

Well, I'm back at the library, still no word on when/if I'll be getting the laptop back.

Saturday after I left here I hit the coffee shop and had dinner and read and watched the portable TV until close. Due to the wonderful MTA drivers and their attitude and blatant ignoring of the schedules to suit their own personal agendas, it took 2 hours to get to the Starbucks. I really expect to see a large scale, major accident soon, with the way the drivers ignore speed and traffic laws and road and weather conditions. Query....If a cell phone is classed as a "Driver Distraction", what the hell do you call a person hanging all over the driver? Male/female...female/male, it goes both directions, (and are mostly other drivers and also almost 100% Black), and when the driver misses a stop due to this, and the passenger complains...both the driver and the 'hanger on' get attitudes and mouth off rudely!
Anyway, after the coffee shop closed it was back to the shed and watching TV until 3:00 am. The selection of shows on the 'over the air' networks gets pretty slim after Midnight though....lol.

Sunday, I was up and out about 10:00 am. and over to the Giant for food then to the coffee shop about 12:30 pm. to eat and sit outside in the sunshine. Rachel, (dressed up as Queen Esther), and her mom stopped by about 4:00 pm. to bring me a mishloach manos bag for Purim, (it is a tradition to bring gifts of sweets and fruits to friends and family on this holiday), with popcorn, and candy bars, an apple and a can of soda, and we hung out for a while and took a short 'nature walk' along the Jones Falls while her mother ran into Whole Foods.
I left there at 5:00 pm. and headed over to Monkee's to get my meds for the rest of the month. The train and the bus, and the bus and the train all connected exactly as I was getting off one to get on the next, which HAD to have something to do with the "Super Moon", because it took less than 2 hours round trip, including walking and spending 15 minutes talking to Monkee, from Starbucks to Starbucks.

But of course 2 buses on the only route that runs through Mt. Washington on Sunday nights, (even the Light Rail is no longer running), never showed. So that meant an extra hour wait and no easy connections back to Pikesville. I ended up taking the Metro from Rogers Station, (where the driver parked the bus to get off and smoke and make cell phone calls, and then called the dispatcher with a story about 'Heavy Traffic'....HA!...and said his fare box was not working properly and that he wanted to come in and exchange buses, and that he would not be able to finish the next run before his lunch break.......yeah right....), to Old Court and waited 20 minutes for the #53 bus. Which pulled into the parking lot and sat on the far side for 12 minutes before pulling around to the loop.....WTF?

It was 11:00 pm. before I got to the gas station, 3 hours and 15 minutes after I left the coffee shop, and more than 2 hours and 10 minutes from what it usually takes.

I ended up going to sleep just past 2:00 am. and ended up being awoken by the thunderstorm about 4:00 am. After 'battening down the hatches' and assuring myself that my little corner was still staying dry, I lay there listening to the soporific symphony made up of the combined rhythms and melodies of the rain beating on the roof, and the drips and the thunder and the rush of the wind and the rattle and squeak of the shed, and just kind of spacing out in a kind of a peaceful trance until the rain ended somewhere around dawn. I fell back asleep and woke up at 10:30 am. but didn't get moving until about 11:30 am., having no real reason to get up today. After watching the Noon news I went over to the Giant and puttered there for an hour and talked to the regular security guard and had a laugh about the extra help in there yesterday. He told me they are there because of the Giant employees and truck drivers from the distribution warehouse in Jessup, who are handing out fliers to customers coming in the store. (The Dutch company which owns Giant is outsourcing it's Jessup dry goods distribution center to another company and the employees are both protesting the sale and worried about their jobs because the company which is the buyer of the operation has a reputation of promising that no workers will be laid off or positions terminated or eliminated......and as soon as the public interest in the sale/takeover has died down......doing exactly the opposite.) The extra security crew has the added duties of making sure the protesters follow the rules and regulations concerning trespassing and harassment.
Now I am about to go out and see which bus is due and head over to the coffee shop and finally eat breakfast. Jenn is giving me a ride back after her meeting tonight and is going to let me know about coming over for a shower Tuesday morning, and maybe also cooking something for lunch. Edward's allergies are acting up really bad right now, and he has a cold too, so my stopping by is predicated on what shape he is in later this evening.
Time is up again, (damn I hate typing that!....I want my freedom and mobility back!....."information wants to be free!!!!".....lol!)
Later........................Dave

No comments: