Saturday, March 19, 2011

"Hello Captain Conspicuous And Your Sidekick, Obvious Boy................"

Good Afternoon;

So to continue from yesterday when in had to sign off when the library closed.
After we finished the ceremony and went into town to place flowers and a small vial of ashes at Lisa's parents graves it was back on the Skyline Drive at Thornton's Gap and a leisurely cruise to Front Royal, then back to the madness of the Interstates 66 to 81 to 70 to 695 and back here to the library.

When I left here at 5:30 pm. I changed into shorts for the first time since last year and went over to the coffee shop and ate for the first time that day. I had been running on coffee and the last couple shots of a bottle of a privately bottled 'estate produced' black rum that was aged over 60 years by this time and was literally black as tar, but smooth as silk, that Lisa and I had bought a case of on a trip to Martinique in 1993, and unbeknownst to me, she had saved and put up a bottle of, "for just such an occasion", as she put it in a letter she left for me.

I ended sitting out back of the Starbucks in the light of the 99 & 44/100 % Full Moon, thinking, reflecting, meditating, and watching the varied forms of wildlife coming to visit the trash cans and patio area looking for dropped food. I caught the last #58 bus to the Subway at 11:10 pm., and the Subway to Old Court Station and the #53 bus to the shed, getting back about 12:30 am. I was so, so tired...but so, so keyed up I could not sleep, and when I did sleep it was only for an hour at a time, 3 times. My eyes feel like they are packed with sand and razor blades today, from the lack of sleep, the wind on the mountain in Virginia, and crying.

I went to the Giant this morning and there were 2 security guards snooping around through the store, giving me, and anyone else who did not look to be over 65 years old the once over. One I knew by sight, and the other was so obvious in his attempt to look like a slob that he stood out like a diamond in a goat's ass!.......lol! He and his buddy kept giving me the evil eye and every time I turned around one or the other was there.
Now.....I place my bags under a rack in the front of the store when I come in so there is no misunderstanding about shoplifting or stealing, and I am known to or by almost everyone in the store on a first name basis.....so it kind of annoyed the hell out of me. Welllllll, being the well adjusted human being that I am....LOL!...I decided to have some fun...for me anyway, so I kept slipping around corners of the aisles real fast and stopping or reversing direction.....grinning like a fool as one or the other rushed around the corner and ran or almost, ran into me.I picked up items and put them into my basket, going from one end of the store to the other...then put them back, then went back and did it all over again. When I got tired of this I went to the checkout and paid for my groceries. As I was rearranging them into the cloth shopping bag I carry, on the bench in the front of the store, my friend Carol, one of the cashiers comes and sits next to me and we chat and she tells me how the security people have been there in force for the past few days. I told her I knew that and pointed across the aisle at one of them who was trying to be inconspicuous...but not succeeding and we laughed as he abruptly looked up and hurried away. Cheap thrills......lol!
I am heading over to the coffee shop to eat my breakfast shortly, and hopefully may get a call from Erik that he was able to get the VAIO up and running. If I do, I'll be back on later today or tonight. If not, maybe tomorrow after 1:00 pm. when the library opens, IF, I am still in the area.


Later.............................Dave

No comments: