Thursday, March 10, 2011

"How Long Can You Tread Water.........?????........."

Good Evening
Finally! The rain has stopped enough so that I can get out to get my coffee, (I forgot my wallet when I ran over to use the bathroom at the Giant this morning!). Jenn sent me a text a little while ago telling me Mt. Washington was closed off due to flooding, which I kind of figured it would be, and it's too late and too wet to head over there in any case.
I'm about to head over now and get some food too, all I had with me was a couple slices of rye bread and some potato chip pieces. I thought of using the packs of mayo I have and making a sandwich out of it all, but decided against it. Oh, not because it's too weird or anything like that, I am no stranger to using potato chips as snack food, garnish, topping, or one of the main ingredients in a meal....I just didn't want to sleep in crumbs tonite.....lol.

Some idiot tried to give me a load of grief in a chat conversation that turned into an argument, that degraded into a flaming session, about my earlier post relating to how I not going out into the rain for no good reason. He had started in with the insults and nasty comments about just laying around doing nothing......and when I asked him what he was doing home sitting on the computer all day instead of being out in the rain....."suddenly there was silence", and his icon disappeared.....lol.

How many times have you made the choice not to go out into the storm? I often don't have the luxury of having an option. I am really grateful that I have this laptop, it's a sanity saver....and seriously helps to fight off the overbearing sense of isolation that so can easily overwhelm.
Anyway....off to find some food, as soon as I put on my hip waders to get out of the shed.
No, it's not really THAT bad, the puddles inside never got more than an inch deep, where the concrete floor was uneven or the cardboard was bowed up and it did not absorb it all. Now I just hope that the people working on the minivan that would not start in the parking lot right beside me would finish up! Get it running, give it up, or call a tow truck......I'm hungry!.....lol.
OH CRAP....it's raining harder again!

Later..................Dave

No comments: