Sunday, March 13, 2011

"Land Of The Lost Laptops......................"

Good Afternoon;
Well...it's been a strange few days, to say the least.
From Wednesday night until Saturday morning I did not leave the shed except to go to the Giant for food and the bathroom or the gas station for the bathroom. Thursdays deluge is the obvious reason for that days hibernation, even the coffee shop and the other businesses were closed and evacuated from Mt. Washington.
Thursday night I was up all night until 6:00 am. on the laptop or reading, or trying to sleep and not being able to, or redirecting leaks in the shed roof to areas other than my nose.
Which makes Friday's sleep in understandable, I was up at 1:00 pm. and fell back asleep until 5:00 pm., and by that time it was too late to go anywhere even if I had the money, which I don't. This had been the first time I have eaten meals in the shed, sitting crosslegged on the blanket, and hopefully the last. I am too old, fat, and creaky to sit that way for more than a few minutes before the nerve/circulation issues begin, with numbness, etc.

I spent Friday evening on the computer, in a very intense and emotional conversation with a woman I met at the Spoken Word poety Reading 2 weeks ago. This was a continuation of the conversation from Thursday night. And I also played on Facebook in the lulls....lol.

Right up until I shutdown and ran over to the bathroom at the gas station at 11:00 pm....... and when I got back and tried to turn the laptop back on....it would not.

It's some sort of software glitch, and I dropped it off to Erik of PikesvillePC on Sunday and he looked at for a while and could not see a quick fix. So...he is going to do a more thourough job of diagnosing and then what ever he needs to do over the next couple of days when he has the time. I am going to be laptop-less until Tuesday or Wednesday at the earliest :-(.

Anyway. Time is up here at the Library

Later.......Dave

No comments: