Tuesday, March 8, 2011

" Is It Spring Yet??????.......................... Sighhhhhhhh......................."

Good Evening;
So today was a bad day. Could not get to sleep last night until close to 6:00 am this morning, and then only got less than 3 hours of non-restful slumber. I got caught suddenly in the leading edge of a very strong storm front that raced through about 3:30 am. when I ran over to the bathroom to use the restroom. There was a micro-burst of almost horizontal rain and wind gusts strong enough to knock a man off his feet if he happened to be in a precarious position on a short, but steep already soaked and slick grassy slope. As I can attest to! I had to change everything down to and including socks and skivvies. I was already cold and being wet did not help matters. As you can probably guess, my right foot never got warm, and although my fingers and hands eventually did, for some reason I could not get my core warmed up last night either. I started sneezing and running from the nose, and gagging too, as if I was dope sick....which was not only uncomfortable, but extremely odd....and every little movement hurt.

I called the Doctor's answering service to cancel my appointment, which actually makes sense because the Neurologist will not be consulting with the Neurosurgeon until their regular Wednesday staff conference anyway. And it was still raining and getting colder at 6:00 am., and I was NOT going to deal with waiting for a couple different buses if it was still raining, (okay, it had stopped by daylight, but I could not know for sure.).
I finally gave up the fight of trying to warm all the parts of my body at the same time...And go to sleep...about 10:00 am. I called Jenn from the Giant and asked her if I could pick anything up for her...(she wanted a bucket of sanity....but they were fresh out.....lol!)...and let her know I'd be down within the hour to shower and wash and cook a hot meal. NOT!!!! The bus I planned on catching must have come extremely early, (or not at all), and thye alternative one was going by as I came around the corner....the wide open, windy, cold corner I stood waiting on ...until it was apparent the bus was not coming and too late to go inside somewhere.
I eventually got to Jenn's, at Noon, an hour later.....with a headache behind my left eye that is still here, taking effin' root! I cooked, showered washed, dried, and packed clothes, ate, shaved, played with Devin....not neccessarily in that order....lol. I was done and on the way to the bus stop at 4:30 pm. headed for the coffeeshop.

While I was there I called Erik of Pikesville PC, www.pikesvillepc.com ,
and he used TeamViewer to activate and register some software that was about to expire
and generally checked over all the systems.

In a conversation on the bus a man asked me, as many people do, why I don't stay with my daughter and family. At least he phrased it as a question, politely, not as an indignant declaritive statement, something to the effect of, "Your daughter should take you in", or better yet..."TELL! your daughter to let you live with them!" all of them clueless as to the living arrangements and population of her home! Well today was a reminder that even if they had a frickin' mansion it would be too small an environment for any long term residency with my son-in-law, he's even moodier than I am! And I'll just leave THAT sleeping dog lie........


Anyway, that's it for now, Starbucks, buses, gas station, then here, frozen fingers, sciatica, headache and all.......lol.
Later.................Dave

No comments: