Thursday, March 10, 2011

"Thank Goodness For Wooden Shoes........."

Good Morning;
Well, it figures on the day I am up awake at 7:30 am.....with no damn reason to be up or anywhere to go or money to spend....it is pouring down rain as fast and hard as Father Bob and Brother Neal on a new choirboy!
I put on my coat and ran over to the Giant to use the bathroom and remembered the hard way that this coat does not have a waterproof shell, that coat I left over Jenn's a while ago, and it's kinda late to go get it at this point.
So I'm sitting here stuck in the shed keeping an eye on the old known leaks and trying to deal with the new ones and hoping they are only because of the extreme volume of water being deposited on the shed roof. There are puddles forming in certain areas below and beyond my slightly raised 'lair', where the cardboard boxes laid down as a walkway and for absorbent purposes is being overwhelmed. Tomorrow should be a fun day, (if the rain stops), as I will have to strip out the lovely disintegrating wet sheets and hopefully find some clean, new boxes frm either the liquor store, FedEx/Kinkos, or both in the dumpster.
Okay, that's it for now, I've got to go play 'Little Dutch Boy' and go stick my finger in a dyke to divert the flow......and then I have to deal with the water streaming in here when she leaves........lol!
Later..........................Dave

No comments: