Saturday, July 28, 2012

"Blowin' In The Wind..................... If Only Farting Was An Olympic Sport ............... Scream Vacation Ahead ........................"

Good Morning;
Well I'm at Jenn's for the night
 and part of today.
I watched the grandmonsters while she and Tom were both out and about. Showered, did laundry, ate, played with my grand daughter Devin for a while, (she's 4 yrs. old.....so we basically think alike....lol!)
and watched part of the opening ceremonies of the XXX Olympiad.
I've got to admit I love ceremony and the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade aspect of it all, but those U.S.A. uniforms are horrible....
and BERETS!!!......WTF??!!
(And they're 'Made In China', c'mon now, the pride of American athletes in outsourced manufactured clothing, in the middle of a recession no less?!?!)

Anyway......
Got trapped by one hellacious thunderstorm Thursday night under the awning behind the library after John gave me a ride from Starbucks.
NOTE: Awnings = 
Vertical rain...Good
Horizontal Rain...NOT Good
The winds were so strong and so variable in direction that while I wasn't actually soaked from being rained on directly, as I was thoroughly chilled and 'moistened' from a 360 degree spraying.

After the rain finally stopped about an hour later I went to the Giant to wipe off. When I stepped back outside the parking lot was covered in a steam mist as the heat from the ground was rising and negating any cooling effect the storm may have had.
Because everything was o soaked I ended up in the shed anyhow. It was cooled just barely enough to sleep in.
As it has been for the past week or o I woke up for no discernible reason at about 3:45 am., then every hour after that until I got up at 9:00 am. and went over to RiteAid to get my blood pressure prescription.
Then over to the library for a bit before catching the buses to the coffee shop where I just had time to eat lunch and read the newspaper before walking over to catch the train to Hunt Valley to meet Jenn
.

I am coming back here Sunday evening to stay until Thursday morning to 'pet sit' while they take the kids to Hershey Park for a mini vacation.
Just me, 5 cats, 1 dog.......and her batshit crazy m-i-l.
Alone.....in the woods.....with no transportation, 
{ I've seen her drive....no way in hell am I getting in her car! }
[ I may be suicidal......but I'm not insane!!!.........LOL! ]

Later.............................Dave

No comments: