Friday, November 6, 2009

"From---'Everything But The Girl'..........TO...........'The Girl, The Gold Watch, And Everything'...........ALMOST......"

Good Morning;
Okay, who turned off the heat?
It's cold out there this morning! But that's okay, the birds are singing, the sun is shining, God is in his Heaven, and all is right with the world.
Okay, so I'm delusional, but WTF, part of my soul has been restored and my heart is full.....so reality can take a flying leap for a bit.
Yesterday, I went to D.S.S. EARLY!!!, and when I got there the waiting line was already up to number 146..(and that did not include scheduled appointments)..well F*ck that noise, I was not going to sit around until 3:00 or 4:00 pm...(8 to 9 hours...I told you I got there early).[See Baltimore City Paper, Week Of..Wed. 10/04/09..cover article....again, it is NOT just me saying these things!!]
Especially when I was going to meet up with someone who I can honestly say was one of the most important, influential, and intensely loved people in my life.
I met with my friend Michelle, who Rachel Michelle is named for, who I lost contact with 5 years ago, and feared I'd never see again, and who, of all the people who I have ever loved is one of the very few with whom I can honestly say I have been "In Love" with, ), we are talking single digit, one hand, in my 53 years.
Except for our individual separate experiences, it was as if it had only been a long weekend on the level of our mutual love, friendship and history. I use the word 'friend' alot because it is covenient and easily comprehended, and because there is no other word except acquaintance that I have found, and that is just a little to removed sometimes, but by the same token, 'friend' is a bit too intimate for some folks, but....
Now I can again honestly say that I have had 4 people who I can call "FRIEND!", with full caps, quotes and exclamation point, Michelle is one of them. To have her back as a part of my life, I feel alive again in ways I have not felt for many years..perhaps it is a SIGN???
Gott run...........Dave

No comments: