Tuesday, November 3, 2009

".....................No,....I Did NOT Forget To Tell You About The AWESOME.................."

I'm Back............;
The AWESOME thing that occurred is that I reconnected with some one who meant a lot to me in a very, very intense way, at a time when I was very vulnerable. This young woman was and IS so important to me that my daughter bears her name, to honor her. (Actually, all three of "Rachel Michelle Shalamith" names are honoring some one, 2 on my side and one on her mother's.)
I recently saw a name on Facebook, I thought was hers, (and do not ask me HOW, it was one of those, 'friends of friends of friends of', 'sixth degree of separation' things and I lost track of who was the starting point...LOL), and I left a message asking the "Are you the person who.....yadda yadda yadda" question and got back an emphatic YES! We've e-mailed and hope to meet up and catch up soon. I had feared that I would never see this person again...(more details MAY be revealed if permission is given, but if you really know me, and my poetry, you know who it is!), and it has worn on my soul..badly. I feel such a sense of relief and gratitude to know she is okay and doing well, enough that even if we do not again become as close as we were, just knowing she is well and happy will suffice, (though I do hope Rachel can meet her).
(One day I'll relate the stories behind the names, and which name is who...{Maybe...LOL..}...)
Now, to find the Other woman, and find the same ??? (not exactly closure, but a similar sentiment), I'm too tired to think of the exact word and I have to go out and catch a bus and a train, and a bus...and then repeat the sequence backwards...it's gonna be a long night before I can go crash in the old "Masonite Mansion" tonight.
I'll see you tomorrow..........keep those cards and letters coming....especially the 'Gift Cards'......(oops ...just call me Sheila....LOL.......that's a Baltimore joke.......look it up in the Sunpapers.............LOL!)
..............see ya..........................Dave

No comments: