Friday, November 12, 2010

" 2 Minute Warning.........&............Badges!?!....We Don't Need No Stinking Badges!!................"

Good Morning;

Well nothing exciting to report, other than my new glasses are ready and I'm going to try to pick them up this afternoon.

Wednesday after leaving here I went to the coffee shop and Whole Foods, where I ran into my friend Allan sitting at the table by the exit door with his head down on the table. He told me he lost his balance and fell, (he just got out of inpatient re-hab after receiving his new prosthetic foot and leg 2 weeks ago), but he was okay. I had food on the table at the Starbucks so I told him to call me if he needed any thing and I'd be right over. When I looked a little while later his car was gone, so i assumed he was alright. When I tried to call yesterday afternoon I could not get an answer though, nor this morning...now I'm worried. I guess I'll keep trying until I find something out.
From Starbucks to the gas station where I attempted to attract the grace of the Keno gods once again, (they have been markedly absent recently), ...no luck, I guess they are still on vacation...lol!, then to the shed and sleep.
Yesterday I went over to Jenn's to do some laundry and shower. Tom had a DJ job and she took the kids out to a school fundraiser/dinner so I got some alone time, (with the Cable and the remote......I get lots and lots of 'alone' time...lol). I watched the ravens Falcons game up to the 2 minute warning, when I was forced to leave so I could catch a bus. The score was 20-14 Atlanta and I could find no one later on who had watched the end of the game. When I saw the paper when I went to the Giant this morning and looked at the final score...26-21 Atlanta!!! WTF did I miss in 2 damn minutes!!!!!
I'm done here, it's time to cruise all the sports web sites and look for video!!!.....LOL!!
(Then off to Penn Optical, and then to the coffee shop. After they close I'm heading over to Jenn's late tonight, after the kids are asleep, to crash because I'm 'monster sitting' on Saturday while she and Tom go to a wedding.)
But before I go....
Did anyone see the article in the Baltimore Sun about financial shenanigans in the Department Of Corrections regarding employees using the money in inmate accounts for their own purposes? Particularly in 5 Baltimore area prisons.
Well.....DUHHHH!!!
Ask any one who has ever been locked up, in some cases even just held overnight in Central Booking, about how money mysteriously 'disappears', or how long it takes for money orders to 'clear' before being available to inmates for commissary use.
In Central Booking, when one is being searched, (strip or not), the change in one's pockets seems to fall into a black hole somewhere. The amount credited on the 'Detainee's Possessions' sheet always seems to be in 'round' dollar amounts.
Also, one of the ways cigarettes and drugs are smuggled into the system is by Correctional Officers, (COs), who have inmates get their contacts on the outside to mail money to an address given by the CO. Let's not even talk about sexual favors.... And it comes as a surprise that the nick name of the department is...
"Department of Corruptions"
Later..........Dave

No comments: