Tuesday, November 16, 2010

"Forever.................And a Day.............."

Good Afternoon;
I just read an article in the St. Petersburg Fla. Times about the homeless and their plans to deal with them. Did you know that the passed a law limiting the amount of possessions a homeless person may carry? There are people freaking out about how the homelesss population is up to 145 people in the city and how it is going to swell all the way up to 200 in the winter! One of the people doing the most complaining is the Dean of a Catholic church in downtown St. Pete. How about reaching out to help them Rev. Morris?
Okay, yesterday I went to Penn Optical to pick up my new glasses...only one problem, they are closed on Mondays! WTF?!? The business card does not say anything about being closed.
So that was a waste of time, 6 buses total, over to York Rd. and then I went back to the Starbucks. 3 hours of travel and waiting time.
I went back to the Giant with Jenn after her meeting and we talked about her upcoming trip to dover to see my mother. Rachel was supposed to go along with them and stay in the hotel with Jenn and Tom, and Ed and Devin but the 'ex' says she has a bit of a problem sleeping over if she or I are not there, unless it is at Bubby's house, (Rachel's maternal granmother). She gets all excited at the idea, then her face shows her fears. She had an incident at 2 different places this past year where she had a 'meltdown' and her mother had to come and pick her up. I think that Rachel and I will just spend the weekend at Jenn's together, petsitting instead, since there is no way I will be going to Dover.
I found 100 of the 'Forever' stamps in the bathroom at the coffee shop last night, 5 books at $8.80 a book....that's $44.00!, There is a Post Office receipt for a mailed package in the envelope with a name on it. I am going to try to contact the person. I think it is the same Stuart I talk to quite frequently. I'm going to return them to the owner in any case, if I can find them....maybe I can get a 'finders fee' of a free latte` or a couple bucks, like what happens with the cell phones I am always finding.
Okay gotta go, outta time and I'm on my way to Jenn's to shower and shave.
later..............Dave

No comments: