Friday, November 19, 2010

"I Can See Clearly Now...................."

Good Evening;
Gee it sucks to be able to say that at 4:30 pm. as it is getting dark already!
Oh, well....After I ran in and out of here yesterday morning I eventually got to BCCC and the dental clinic, no thanks to the delightful morons riding the MTA. Grown men and women, college students no less, who cannot complete a sentence without half a dozen profanities scattered through it. Ignorant mannerless drones babbling on their cell phones with one hand, and the other holding up their pants, which are belted around their thighs...the males; or the other shoved in their face...sucking their thumbs!!...the females, (half of whom have infants doing the same thing)....(and whose language is fouler than many of the men)!
This is the 'Pride of Baltimore'.....the 'City That Breeds'...?
Anyway, I made it to the clinic and Michelle went to work with a hammer and chisel, (and the occasional pneumatic jackhammer....and at one point a small amount of TNT), and now all my upper teeth are smooth and free of calculus. (With all that she removed...I should of been a mathematician!....LOL).
I made it back to Jenn's about 5:30 pm. and watched the kids, showered and did laundry while she and Tom went to their respective meetings, (I had already shaved in the bathroom at BCCC and scrubbed my teeth before entering the clinic, it turns out the program administrator saw my name and mentioned she knew me from our school days...I am pretty sure we went from elementary to high school at the same time in some of the same classes. Now I have not seen her in 36 years at least....although it ain't much...I want to try to look my best if I run into her.....LOL!)

I had not planned to spend the night but my right ankle is all messed up from some unknown and unremembered twist or misstep, and the boots I wore for 2 days did not help at all. Once I had been sitting down it swelled like a balloon and I was going nowhere.

I rolled out fairly early this morning without my bags and went to East Baltimore to Monkee's and got meds enough to last through the end of the month. I then went up to Govans to Penn Optical and got my eyeglasses. For the first time in quite awhile I have "PERFECT"!! vision!...WOW! Everything was adjusted right the first time, and the frames are not in my line of vision at all.

I went back to Jenn's and packed up, and now I'm leaving here for the coffee shop.

Later..........Dave

No comments: