Tuesday, November 30, 2010

"Open Wide......................And Tell Me You Love Me........................"

Good Afternoon;
So after I left here yesterday I went to Monkee's and talked with her for a while trying to help her find a solution that is both confidential and affordable that will let her get away for '28 days' and still be able to return to work. It is tough out there for the working poor. Between keeping the house from foreclosure and finding a place the insurance will cover, and keeping the job, the functional addict can be caught in a cycle of Catch-22 interminably. In many ways tougher than for someone one the streets who can just surrender and walk away from the life they are living. What have we got to lose in such a situation? Getting clean can lead nowhere but up. I feel for her and thank God that it is the one major worry I do not have to deal with anymore.
I left there and went to the coffeeshop and talked with a young lady I recently became acquainted with named Rebbecca, who is in her own kind of hell. She is a professional nanny, a native of New York who lost her job here, (which means also her home), not too long ago due to the economy. When Mom is laid off, the nanny is the first thing to go. She made the mistake, (in hindsight...which is always 20/20!), of moving in with someone she thought was a friend, but as soon as her savings were depleted the friend turned psycho and gave her a week to move out. She has desperately been searching for work as a live-in nanny, which she has been doing for the past 13 years, but pickings are slim to non-existent. Some people are trying to take advantage of the current economic situation and offering only room and board and demand housekeeping work and the like, (including chauffeuring with no recompense for gas, etc.) with no pay. Vultures are everywhere!, or would it be jackals?
Anyway... I tried to steer her to the want ads in a few local papers and to JCS and some other sites online that may help. She is now 4 days away from the street in a strange city with no car. I have been there and done that and know the fear and terror that can overwhelm one....how much worse is it for a woman, I cannot begin to imagine!

I met Jenn after her HG and we went to the Giant and then back to her place where I crashed on the couch, so I could be able to get up early and shower and head over to BCCC by 9:00 am. for my final session with Michelle at the dental clinic....sighhhhh. Because this was a morning clinic I got be looked over by a different set of Instructors/Dentists, all three of whom were quite lovely and one of whom had the most delicate, gentle touch. Damn!!! you know I'm a lonely guy when staring into the eyes of a beautiful woman............while she has one hand on my jaw and the other on my cheek...pulling back my lip and peering at my gums is as close to Romance as I've been in years......LMAO!!!! A stranger that is, Michelle and I have been dear friends for the past 11 years, and there have been some wild times, so having her dig around in y mouth with pointy metal instruments is really kind of on the tame side....LOL!

After today's session she took me out to lunch at the Mt. Washington Tavern, (Kobe Burger and a couple of pints of Dogfish Head IPA...MMmmmmmmm!), and we sat and talked for nearly 3 hours. I then showed her thw back way to FedEx/Kinkos so she could have some laminating done for a school project, and afterwards showed her "the shed". It was an education for her.

She dropped me off her at the library, and now I am heading over to Jenn's to get my bags and then to the Starbucks.

Times up...Gotta Go

Later....................Dave

No comments: