Tuesday, November 9, 2010

" 'We Have To Talk'......AKA....The Four Words No Man Wants To Hear A Woman Say.....Especially If She's Your Doctor!!............................."

Good Afternoon;

So...I left here yesterday afternoon to stop by and see my doctor for what I thought would be a routine confirmation of known issues, verified by MRI, CT Scan, & X-Ray.....There I go thinking again...I should know better!....LOL!

First I saw the med. tech. for vitals etc., she was one of the cutest young ladies, with a great and slightly raunchy sense of humor I have ever met, and also had the most beautiful, smoothest, and darkest complexion I have ever seen. It was an amazing black so deep that it a had blue sheen in certain light conditions. She told me her parents had moved to Baltimore from Cameroon, and were both doctors at Hopkins and University of Maryland hospitals and she was starting med school in the fall to continue her career. As she was checking my blood pressure she got 2 very, very low readings on the computerized monitor that did not seem right so she used the manual sphygmomanometer, (I love that word...lol....and spell check come back with 'no suggestions'...lol!), and brushes up against a certain portion of my anatomy that has responded to her aura of beauty and sexuality with a normal physiologic reaction. She looked down and then looked me in the face and with out cracking a smile...said.."Oh THAT'S why the reading is so low!...Do you want me to leave the room so you can take care of it and then we'll try it again?"...we both burst into laughter until tears were running down our faces. Eventually, when our laughter and my other...uh....um....er.....'issue' had subsided and returned to normalcy my BP was just fine....LOL!
I saw the podiatrist and had my nails cut, chipped, and ground down to a reasonable level, and my circulation and nerve reactions checked, ( both normal), and had the large 'knot' behind the knuckle of my left big toe X-rayed, (with all the radiation I've absorbed in the past few weeks, it makes reading in the shed at night quite easy....lol!!), and the mass is osteo-arthrithic calcification, as suspected, and pressing on a nerve bundle, which was not expected.
I then waited to see Dr. Richardson my PCP for another 45 minutes. When I got into her office/exam room, she pulled out a ream of paper from my chart and began reciting and explaining the results from the MRI and CT. Because I'm running out of time here today..I'll be brief;
Cervical disk bulges in C1,C3, & C4, Degenerative Disk Disease, (deterioration) throughout the Spinal Column in varying degrees of severity, Stenoses in the L4, L5, and L6 vertebrae, Scoliosis, and a 'fatty tumor' on the Sacral nerve bundle just below the end of the Spinal Cord. Yeah..,welllll I guess we now know where all the numbness is coming from...don't we!
As they say in the late night TV commercials for Ginzu Knives...."BUT WAIT----There's MORE!!!"....(LOL);
My Liver is showing damage from the Hep C (that we knew about), in the way of fatty crepuscular masses. My Spleen in enlarged, as is the Prostate, (though Liver Function & PSA blood tests are within normal ranges).
Times Up...gotta go...
Dave

No comments: