Wednesday, November 17, 2010

"Sunny.....................With A 65% Chance Of Psychotic Episodes!!................"

Good Afternoon;
Sorry, nothing witty or humorous to relate today, It's not a good day.
On top of the fact that for some reason everything hurts,(I've got to call Jenn's and see if the referrals/appointments to the neurosurgeon, hematologist, and pain management clinic have arrived in the mail yet!!), I'm also wearing a pair of boots that are so worn down that they make walking difficult. But they are dry. The ground is still too wet to wear the sneakers that double as sponges. I MAY....MAY... be going to look for shoes next Wednesday, if not then it will be the 30th at the earliest.
My feet are, (and have been since I was a child), a pain in the ass to fit properly, and the podiatrist said I have the flattest feet she has ever seen, so most shoes arches are painful to wear.
Yesterday I showered at Jenn's and went to the coffee shop. When I got back to the shed around 10:00 pm. I slipped in and lay down and went to sleep immediately. Then I woke up at 11:30 pm with a severe case of 'lower intestinal distress' to put it nicely, and barely got dressed and made it to the gas station bathroom in time. 40 minutes later i got back to the shed and took some meds that act as a motility limiter and tried to get back to sleep. Between the frequent, short but intense downpours and the wind that began to blow, with occasional gusts that shook the shed and tore pieces of the outer shell off....sleep did not come until near dawn. I was up at 8:30 am to use the 'tree' and got dressed and lay down 'for a second'...next thing I knew it was 11:30 am. I was going to go get my glasses, but I really don't feel up to it today. I just wish I had someplace to curl up and sit.
I'm off to the Giant to see what is on sale or clearance for breakfast, then over to the coffee shop in Mt. Washington to just kill time until I can go back and lay down.
As you can probably tell, the depression is coloring my mood today.....at least it's sunny.....a day like yesterday with all the voices in my head screaming as they are today.......I don't want to think about how or what I'd do to shut them up.....permanently.
Tomorrow, I'm going to the BCCC dental clinic to see Michelle in the afternoon, and sitting the grandkids in the evening. If I can get up I'm going over to York road to get my glasses in the morning, (I have a functioning pair, and the prescription change is relatively minor, so I'm not THAT pressed to pick them up), so I may not be back until Friday.
Later........................Dave

No comments: