Monday, November 29, 2010

" A Grateful Weekend With 'Chef Rachel'....................."

Good Afternoon;
A belated Happy Birthday, (Anniversary?), We turned 2 on Thanksgiving Day!
So I hope everyone survived Black Friday?
My Thanksgiving started that after noon when I went over to
Jenn's [after they had left to drive to Dover, (across the Bay Bridge, not up I-95 and the infamous Toll Plaza where a 21 mile back up is currently par for the course), then US-301 to a mathematicians wet dream of Md. & Del. #ed Routes and side roads that only the locals ever call by name....LOL!, she said she'll never go I-95 again!], and Rachel came over about 2:00 pm. We had a wonderful weekend, just staying in the apartment except for 2 walks to the Reisterstown Plaza Mall, Saturday to the Giant, and then on Sunday to the payphone. We baked a cake and cupcakes and cooked dinner together, (and Rachel made me a variety of dishes using the plastic toy food and vegetables, with the Tea Trolley from Devin's 'Beauty And The Beast' tea set as the stove, and the plastic toy fireman's helmets from a visit to a firehouse as mixing bowls....what a great imagination. We talked and played and watched movies and TV and snuggled. It was a wonderful and sorely needed weekend alone with her.

She left about 4:30 pm on Sunday and Jenn and Tom and the kids showed up 15 minutes later, earlier than expected because Tom had a Kung Fu lesson that he did not mention to Jenn, (who could not let me know), until they were at the hotel. I finished the laundry I was doing, (mine, and the sheets and towels and odd items that I had in for her), played with the kids and listened to their stories for a while, then caught the 7:00 pm. bus out to the shed. It was a matter of no money and no place else to go, so I just crawled into the bag and read for a while. I turned off the lantern before 8:00 pm. and woke up at 11:45 pm due to a full bladder and a cold right foot. The rest of the night I tossed and turned, with my feet, mostly the right one, either cold, or, when I had wrapped them, and after that unfolded the big blanket and wrapped the whole sleeping bag using the excess to triple wrap my feet, constantly tingling and/or numb. I fell into a fairly solid sleep about 7:30 am. waking at 10:30 am. and getting up, dressing, and packing up. I stepped outside and it was much warmer than in the shed, I had forgotten how it holds the cold as well as the heat. I went to the Giant and as I walked over it took about 10 minutes for my hands to warm up and stop tingling. My feet felt as if they had become swollen and walking and balancing was like having footballs strapped to my feet. I really hope that I get this neurological referral/appointment soon, and that JAI has not 'effed' me up too bad with the holidays, etc.
That's it for now, I have a lot of running around to do, from the East side then back to JAI, than I am meeting Jenn at the coffee shop later. I have to reach Michelle to find out for sure what time our appointment is at the dental clinic tomorrow, (I THINK it is at 9:00 am., in which case I will be heading over to Jenn's late tonight to crash on the couch.......[just a bit of humorous homeless trivia here.... This weekend with Rachel I tried to sleep on the bed in Jenn and Tom's room again, and could not get to sleep until I went out to the couch, as lumpy as it is. In the past 2 years since I have been in the shed I have slept in a bed about 10 times out of 20 opportunities between Jenn's and some motel stays. Only twice was I able to sleep at Jenn's in a bed, and twice at the motel I ended up sleeping on the floor....lol. Between becoming acclimatized to the cardboard and the beat up beds I don't know what is going to happen if I get a chance to sleep in a decent bed....lol!].
I'll be back...???, maybe tomorrow evening, but I'm not sure. Michele said something about treating to a good old fashioned 'liquid lunch' after the demolition work on my bottom teeth....lol, so I may not be in any shape to type, (hopefully...lol). You wouldn't want me to get a BUI, (Blogging Under the Influence) would you?!? (it's the equivalent of DD, 'Drunk Dialing', and we know how THAT always turns out, do we not?!?........lol!
Later..............Dave

No comments: