Saturday, November 20, 2010

"I May Be 'Twisted'.......But I Am Not 'Spineless"...................And I've Got The Pictures To Prove It!...................."

Good Afternoon;
This really is an incredibly informative website:
check it out.

So I spoke with one of my doctors yesterday and she hit me with a 'By The Way'.... as in "By the way...I forgot to mention that the MRI/CT/X-RAY regimen you just went through also showed that you have Scoliosis....We'll talk later"
....Ah...Well...Um...Gee, Thanks for telling me, and you have nice weekend too!.....

I left here and went to Starbucks last night and when I went to the register to order my coffee Josh, one of the barristas says wait he has something for me, and pulls out his wallet and hands me a $10.00 bill and tells me it is from Stuart, one of the regulars who I talk with, a quiet little old guy who lives in Roland Park, and who lost a packet of 100 Forever stamps worth $44.00 dollars the other night. In the packet was also a receipt for a package he had mailed with his address and name. I found his phone number and left messages that I had found something of his and he could pick it up at the coffeeshop. I met him on Wednesday evening and gave him his stamps and he offered to buy me a coffee, which I already had, then a pastry, again which I already had. I told him to 'keep it on account for me' for one of those days when i was flat broke and needed a coffee, and we just talked the rest of the night. He told Josh that he wanted to get something to me before Thanksgiving so that's why he left me the $10.00. I could have resold or returned the stamps for their full value, (and would have if I could not locate the true owner), but it really is much more gratifying to make a little effort and do the right thing, not expecting any reward, (but not refusing if any compensation is offered either...lol). Doing the proper thing seems in some way to validate my existence, regardless of the level of subsistence, and the emotional returns are intrinsically more substantial then the financial.
On the Invisiblepeopletv site is a story of a homeless man who returned a backpack with $3300.00 in it. There is follow-up story on the outpouring of offers of assistance the first story brought. I once found an obscenely large amount of cash years ago, which was obviously either a drug dealers stash or a sting operation setup.....as the saying goes, "I dropped it like it's hot" and "Got the hell outta Dodge"!.....lol!
Last year I had a string of cell phone and wallet 'findings' where I contacted the owner and in every case but one, (where I was in a hurry to get to an appointment and just left the phone at the courtesy desk at the Giant), they offered something to me, either cash or paying my tab, or paying for my groceries, or like one woman did when she saw that even the cash was still in her wallet...a room for the night in a motel, (though she chose NOT to share it with me.....LOL!). For a streak of about 3 months it became a weekly or every 10 day thing, then the Keno gods took me under their wing for a while, recently though it's been a dry spell....the recession must even be hitting Mt. Olympus and Valhalla pretty hard too...LOL!
When I got to the shed last night, about 10:30 pm., the door was open, HOPEFULLY by the wind, and next to the shed under cover and partially hidden by some machinery were 2 plastic bags, one with a pillow, and the other with a quilt or sleeping bag. This is in a place where I have found pieces of anti-shoplifting security devices dumped and sometimes a bag of clothes and other crap. I double braced the door last night and am in the process of constructing a better, (and inconspicuously hidden from the outside, but easily manipulated), way to secure the door when I leave.
I fell asleep very early and woke at 3:33 am., and again at 8:30 am. when I started to get up and head out. I took my morning meds and lay down for a 'minute'....and it was 11:30 am. all of a sudden.
I hit the Giant for a coffee, and came here to the library, and now time is up and I'm heading out to get some breakfast, (at 2:30 pm....LOL!), and over to the Starbucks to shave and change clothes.
Later.........Dave

No comments: