Friday, July 29, 2011

Best of Baltimore 2011 | Baltimore magazine

Good Afternoon;
Well another record high today of 100 degrees.
And.........an Ego High for you and I, Loyal Readers!
Click on the link below to see whose little 'Exercise In Exorcism',
(yeah I know I work the hell out of that phrase.....lol)
was selected as one of;
"The Ten Best Blogs In Baltimore"

"HomeLessCide – Life on the Street: Like other blogs, Dave’s revolves around his daily life. The difference is that Dave is homeless and his days (looking for food, social services, and health care) and nights (in an abandoned shed in Pikesville) are way more interesting than most bloggers’."

Danger - Danger --- Ego Overload, All Humility Circuits Are Shutting Down
Modesty Levels Approaching Zero ---- Evacuate -- Cerebral Implosion Imminent!

Now if only someone would find my writing interesting enough to pay me to do so,
I'd be a happy camper. Of course once I get off the streets the tone and focus of Homelesscide would change, less first person mumblings and meanderings, and more links to relevant stories and sites and social observations, etc. if I was to keep it going with the same title.
But........it doesn't look as if I'll have that sort of problem anytime soon..........lol.

So, today was so hot so early that I was out of the shed at 8:30 am. and in the Giant to cool off, wash up, shave...(and after 3 days growth of beard in this heat and humidity, it felt better than sex....or at least what I remember of the vague and distant memories I have of sex............LOL!.......[sadly......NOT!!!! :-( ]..........)...wander around trying to decide whether my last $2.01 in Foodstamps should be spent on actual food or instant coffee packets and a jug of Powerade..............Caffeine & Electrolytes won out won out!

I went over to the library to kill time and found that I had an e-mail from Evan Serpick, editor of Baltimore Magazine and a link to the page you'll find above telling me about being chosen as one of Baltimore's Top Ten Bloggers. I also had an e-mail from Jenn telling me to come down NOW if I wanted a shower and a load of laundry done, so I went out to the bus stop and damn near melted before the next bus came. No shade on that side of the street and the bus flies by too fast to take a chance of waiting under the big old trees across the street and making it back over in time.

I left there about 4:30 pm. and walked to the bus stop outside the apartment complex, maybe a 3 or 4 block walk at most, and was soaked again by the time I got to the bench. After catching the #60 bus over here to Mt. Washington I oozed into the Starbucks and sat until I was able to cool down enough to retain (more or less) human form again.

Erik of Pikesville PC, www.pikesvillepc.com , walked in to say hello and bought me a cup of coffee, (it never rains, but it pours----that is about the fifth free cup today.....lol), and we talked for a while and caught up. As soon as he left I hurried over to Whole Foods next door to get my sweaty little hands on an actual print copy of Baltimore Magazine to look at the layout and where the Best Blog list was, (page 187 in the yellow box, if anyone cares....lol), and say hello to my friend Michel.

That's about it, tonight is the last evening I'll be able to come here for about 2 weeks as they do the remodeling and close at 2:00 pm. then 6:00 pm. until the 12th of August, but I've seen how these things go as far as unexpected delays and pushed back schedules....so I'm not placing any bets on the re-opening date.
Tomorrow, (Saturday), I guess I'll just be at the library all day until closing at 5:00 pm. Jenn and Tom are having a 'Date-In' night with the grandmonsters pawned off on her mother in Westminster, so I know damn well they don't want company....lol. Any other time I would just hit another Starbucks, buy one coffee, and get the rest free on my registered card.........but until Tuesday the 2nd of August, I don't even have enough for a cup of coffee, (hence the Nescafe Classico Instant purchase). Sunday and Monday are also up in the air as regards what and where. Sunday more so than Monday because the Pikesville library is closed. Monday may see me stuck in Pikesville because I won't have bus fare until Tuesday. But......who knows? Maybe I'll dust of the old "Homeless----Please Help" sign and revisit the curb by the exit ramp tomorrow?

Anyway, thanks again to Baltimore Magazine, and you, Loyal Reader. I'd still be writing and ranting in any case, but it is gratifying to know people read and come back for more, (maybe my target audience is/are masochists?...........LOL),
and that someone in the mainstream media thinks my words and emotional outpourings,(or outbursts), are interesting.

Later....................................Dave

Later......................Dave

2 comments:

Ricky said...

Congrats on the acomplishment..

Anonymous said...

Big congratiulations on the award in Baltimore Magazine, Dave. As it's the reason how I found my way to your blog I hope more will discover your blog.

As a slight critique, I hope you do not take this as an attack on your work, but if you kept the fontcolors to black (or at least dark colors on light backgrounds (or vice versa) it will be easier on the eyes to read for one who suffers from headache problems.

Either way, as it might be a stylistic choice of expression from your part, I still hope you will concider it. This aside. I hope your situation will change for the better in one way or another in the future. In the meanwhile I will get back to continue on the old posts and perhaps follow it more in the future! Take care.