Monday, July 18, 2011

"Two Days.................Too Hot"

Good Evening;
I'm sitting in front of the Pikesville library enjoying the rising breeze and slightly cooler air. I was falling asleep at the keyboard and nodding off and smacking my face into the laptop's screen until one of my nightly meds kicked in, I would usually try to avoid taking it so late but I knew it would wake me up some and as much as I want to just go and lay/lie down the shed is too friggin' hot still. In an hour or three I'll check it out, earlier if these is a rain shower....but after just checking The Weather Channel's website, it looks like that's a long shot now...maybe after 8:00 am. and throughout the day when the chances for scattered and/or isolated thunderstorms are a 30% to 50% possibility.......when all they will do is increase the humidity and mugginess to the point where the moisture in the air counteracts one's sweat based cooling system......lovely.

The end of the week through the weekend is forecast with temps again near 100 and heat indices reaching 105 degrees...ahhhh Baltimore, all this and thugs, drugs, dirt, pollution and not an ocean in sight, there is the Inner Harbor....but when you toss a pebble into the water....and the water hurls it back at you.....!

On Sunday morning I got a call from Jenn asking if I could watch the kids during the day as she needed to go out with a friend and Tom had to take his best buddy to the ER/Clinic Walk-In veterinarian to have his cat put to sleep. After that they had to take her up to Monkton to bury her on Tom's Mother's property, where all the family pets that have died are buried because the vet. wanted some outrageous deposit to hold the body in their freezer. I spent the day with the grandmonsters...wishing my grandson had gone along and accidentally fallen in the hole too......lol, (maybe?). I left there about 7:45 pm and headed down to meet Monkee as she got home around 9:00 pm. to get the rest of my monthly meds. Thinking I'd only be no more than 2 hours I left all my bags at Jenn's planning to get them on the way back to the shed.

Sh*t!, Battery is dying and the shed is too hot......let me search for an outlet...back soon.

OK......in the shed which is still friggin' hot, but I'm half soaked and with the fan blowing on my head I'm feeling cruddy but cooler.

Anyway......I got to Monkee's as she was walking in and we ended up talking and catching up and gossiping about the way her block has suddenly taken a steep dive in cleanliness, noise, manners , and attitude in the past 6 months, since at least 3 formerly owner occupied houses became rentals. One house has 1 female adult and about 20 kids from infant to 14 years old, and one adult male 'on the box' living there and they are all outside hootin' & hollerin' well after 11:30 pm. 3 of the little girls are pregnant and their mother frequently heads out after midnight with different men and stumble in at dawn all coked up. 2 of the rentals are 'assisted living' facilities....ghetto style, meaning the 'special' folks living there surrender their checks and food stamps to the landlord who drops off boxes of food and supplies and stops to check every once in a while to make sure that they have not burned the place down.
After watching some young boys of the 'FFA' bust things up across the street in heir own yard then hear a crash behind the bushes screening the adjacent porch, we saw them disappear into the night hitting parked cars with sticks on their way past. As they started to cross the street towards Monkee's car I stepped out of the shadows casually twirling my chain. They stopped and started forward again but took off running like a pack of candy-assed baboons when Monkee said 'they're the little bastards who trashed my car last time.......don't kill 'em right away, make 'em bleed to death......." They dropped their sticks and bottles and fell all over one another as they turned to run, one of them, the biggest, the ringleader, slamming smack dab into a car stopped at the red traffic signal. Monkee began to laugh so hard she cried and it infected me....every time one of us got enough wind back to talk the other would crackup all over again. Monkee (who is black) finally got calmed down enough to croak out..."Baltimore has got to have the dumbest niggers in the country.......last year the big one shot hisself in the dick when the gun in his 'dip' went off when he tripped over his pants, which were belted around his thighs with his ass hanging out but hit the ground when he tried to run from a cop....in a dead end alley with buildings on 3 sides and no exits........lol!!!" By this time the woman whose house they had broke something off of (never saw or got exactly what we heard break, had called the cops...and handed them digital photos off her security system cameras, (digital, wireless, Radio Shack, DIY!............LOL) of the little 'baby G wannabees'. When the geniuses snuck back in the house 30 minutes later, through the back door, they found the police in the living room waiting, having coffee with the parents of all 3 morons!

So..... what was supposed to be a quick in and out....turned into "a 3 hour tour"....lol.
When the bus finally came, and I got on the train back to Jenn's it was 11:30 pm and there was no way to get my bags and get a bus back up here, so I called Jenn and told her I'd be down in the morning, (today), to get my stuff. It was a good thing too, because the subway was 'single tracking' to work on the line and a 21 minute ride took 75 minutes to Old Ct. Station and I caught the last bus of the night.....barely!

This morning I called Jenn to let her know I was on my way and she told me Tom would be at the FedEx/Kinkos and to meet him there and he'd give me a ride over....and by the way could I watch the kids this afternoon? She has a miserable earache and had to see the doctor and was going to have to sit in the waiting room until there was an opening, there were so many appointments.
It was a rough day, Edward and I locked horns and had a showdown today. He lost.

I left there after shaving and a quick shower, which was a waste of time, I'm covered with dried sweat and salt and was so 10 minutes after leaving, about 8:35 pm.
It's now 3:37 am. and I am going to try to sleep...it is bearable in here.

Later,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Dave

No comments: