Monday, July 25, 2011

"Heat & Humidity Hermit.............................&........1/2 Young Einstein - 1/2 Young Frankenstein.........................."

Good Afternoon;

Well I've made it out of Jenn's house for the first time since Thursday, except for a walk with Edward to the shopping center yesterday. The heat has been just ridiculous and the dew point and humidity were freakin' insane! Broken records all over the place. I'm at the Starbucks thanks to the short but powerful thunderstorm that hit about 2:30 pm. and the fact that cabin fever and my grandson had me on the brink and if I did not get out, sh*t was hit the fan and I was about launch his ass in the space recently vacated by the last space shuttle.
The temps. dropped around 15 degrees, (and have risen only about 5 degrees so far), and the rain stopped and I rolled out just in time to catch the 4:00 pm. bus.
Jenn is going to pick me up after her meeting tonight and we are going back to the apartment. I was not planning on coming back but she asked about monster sitting while she and Tom went back to the dentist for the next visit in their series, and mentioned staying another night. Well, that made not going back to the shed a no brainer, both because of the heat and humidity avoidance factor and the delaying of a possible confrontation with Ivan, the guy I found in the shed when I got there at 3:45 am. Thursday morning. I let him stay when he asked, to avoid any hassles, and he moved down to the 'beyond condemned' portion of the floor after getting some clean boxes from the liquor store/FedEx-Kinkos dumpster.

The door is completely off the hinges and cannot be put back on. I want to get a couple of 'barn door hinges' and some lag bolts and 'ghetto-engineer' something quick and dirty and cheap, just enough to have a lockable/blocklable/latchable barrier to keep out the casually curious and keep the few things I do keep in there from 'growing legs' and disappearing. I have been using the extreme heat as reasonable excuse not to deal with it, (and even though it may cool all the way down to 85 degrees tomorrow....and it will be back up to 99 degrees by the weekend), but I can't stay here at Jenn's much longer without the tensions getting too high, (all of ours), and killing any chances of being welcomed back soon. ... Like next weekend...........lol!

I am going to see what Tom is doing in the morning tomorrow before the dentist, and since he has a butt load and a half of tools and assorted hardware laying around in the truck and the house, maybe finding something that will suffice to rig the door.
I'm broke until the 2nd of August...knock wood!...so I can't buy any hardweare until then.

Okay, that's about it, no excitement to report on since I last posted that would really interest you all. Rachel is home safe from Chicago, where she had a blast. I have not seen her yet, the heat keeping both of us inside, and finances being in the red. Devin, my 3 year old grand daughter who has me wrapped around her little finger, is a Diva.....and knows it. Edward, her 6 year old brother, as usual, is a near genius, (truly!), and a total clueless box of rocks at the same time.

It just does not sink in--
When People Yell At/Spank Me For Doing/Saying =
[Fill in your choice of behavior/speech],
multiple times per day/hour........
I Should Stop Doing/Saying Such A Thing!!

He literally bounces up and down while being chastised/instructed/corrected/lectured yelled at...
just waiting for you to finish so he can continue talking/acting out.
Water off a duck's ass?
Goldfish memory?
Oooooohhhh, Shiny!
Yadda..yadda..yadda..yadda......oh look a butterfly!

Yeah, that's about it, ....as he reads at least 2 grades above his level and constructs a cold fusion reactor out of his Legos......
Which he immediately forgets to tell you about, and loses mere seconds after something else catches his eye.
LOL!

Later............................Dave

No comments: