Thursday, July 28, 2011

"Numerology.......................'What I Did On My Summer Vacation'....................Home Improvement.............Loyalty Up = Loyalty Down......"

Good Evening;
Well loyal readers this is another milestone in the wild and wacky world of Homelesscide,
the 1,000th post! Not that all of them have been gems of journalistic integrity and creative brainstorms, some may even be classed as 'brainfarts' by the less enlightened, or that all have been of my own innovation. I have posted a fair number of linked or forwarded stories I thought were of interest, relevance, or just tickled my warped and twisted sense of humor. Even though it's never been all about the numbers, I've still gotten a kick out of passing certain mileposts in quantity, (and you'll notice I make no claims to quality.....lol), and number of hits/visitors, and visitors from outside the U.S., (a good number of which have been due to coincidental linking of a search that matched a song or movie, etc. that I used as a title to a post...not the content.....lol.; though some of those folks did voluntarily return).
OKAY................Enough of my ego stroking false humility....lol!

Well my weeks vacation/reprieve is over. I left Jenn's yesterday (Wed.) afternoon about 4:30 for the coffee shop and spent the first night in the shed since the previous Wednesday.
That morning my son-in-law Tom and I went up to look at the door in the daylight, (and it seemed to be in the same wedged position I left it in last week), and then to Home Depot where he picked up a set of hinges and screws and a length of chain for me. We went back up to the shed and rehung the door and drilled a couple small holes to pass the chain through the wall and the door around the frame and which I locked with a combination lock I had, (actually the lock issued to me when I got to the Central Laundry Pre-Release Facility in Sykesville in October 'o4....aka-"The Lock In The Sock".....some of you know all about what I'm talking about, don't try to deny it!.......lol). We went back to the apartment and I hung out there for a bit before coming here to Starbucks.

The whole week between Thursday of last week and Wednesday of this week was pretty much the same:

What I Did On My Summer Vacation
(Classroom 666 - Sister Mary Elephant - Sts. Cheech & Chong Parish School)

I woke up, I threw things at the damn yowling cats, I fed the cats, they shut up. I took my meds, I fell back asleep. I woke up, I threw things at the damn yowling grandmonsters, I fed the grandmonsters, they shut up. I had my fourth cup of coffee, I ate, I watched kids shows until I had 'SpongeBob On The Brain', I showered, I fed the kids, I stepped outside, I said F*CK THIS!, I came back inside. I played with the kids, I watched more TV....[time passes]....I put the kids to bed. I watched grown-up TV until 4:00 am. or I nodded out in the recliner, whichever came first.
[Repeat x 6]

With minor variations this was my week, with temps. in the 100s on 4 out of 7 days I was going nowhere. Except for Sunday when I walked to the shopping center with Ed, and Monday when I took off for a few hours and took the bus to the coffee shop to give Jenn some space in the tiny apartment to have her friends stop by, I did not leave the house other than to take the trash to the dumpster.
(And the bag of used kitty litter that has put me in serious pain since Tuesday, but more on that later)

Tonight it is back to the shed, it was not too hot last night, but it heated up quickly this morning. Today was another hot humid nasty day, and tomorrow is forecast to be worse.
The next 4 days are going to be really rough as I have exactly $2.01 left on my Foodstamps card and 37 cents in cash, a couple bagels, a couple doughnuts, a packet of lemonade mix and some cheese and peanutbutter crackers, and I think a ham, egg, & cheese sandwich in Jenn's freezer.
I also need to find either $4.00 to do laundry tomorrow or an invite from someone with a washer/dryer because I wearing my last clean pair of jockey shorts....lol.

I'll see you tomorrow, it's time for my meds and my side is causing me great pain as I sit here writing this, which is something new and exciting to report to the doctor next week....{oh joy....NOT!}.

Thanks to all who have read and kept reading my 'exercise in exorcism' as I call it, and know that I am grateful for those who were inspired to respond by comment or e-mail, and overwhelmed by those who were generous and empathetic and have sent me gifts and donations. I put my life out for view on these pages, telling of the sadness and madness, joys and gladness, and MOST of what I going through and dealing with, (or to be honest, in some cases, NOT dealing with, from fear or frustration), and most of the time wrap it all in a blanket of sometimes absurd, sometimes ironic, often warped, and occasionally black humor. If I'm just plainly stating the fact, bitching, or humorously begging about being broke, I don't use this forum as a way to ask or get money or gifts or anything else from anyone, (other than the purchase of my collection of poetry), though to be completely honest, there are very few cases where I would refuse anything offered. So to those of you who have gone to the effort of contacting me and meeting me, whether or not you chose to give a gift or not, I appreciate the opportunity to have talked and listened with and to you.

Later..................................Dave

No comments: